Slant Six 2bbl Carb Questions

-

Rengo

Reaction score
What would be the best 2bbl carb. on a 225 @ .30 over with a 904 trans. and a stock rear end.
Should I run 350 cfm or is that to much?

I think a 318 carburetor would be perfect.

If I recall the Holley 2280 flows at 350 cfm. The carter bbd is pretty much the same thing. I was also looking into a 2300 but idk how efficient that would be.

bbd's came in many forms.
[ame]http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/Chrysler_Carter_Carb_Mauals_65to79.pdf[/ame]
looks like 318 had 280-285cfm and the 225 had bbd's from 220-285 depending on application

Most people run a Carter BBD, usually a 318. The 70-80's after-market Holley Economaster 2 bbl might be a good fit for a slant. You see them on ebay occasionally. You got me wondering, so I perused ebay:

I found a new Chinese-made BBD replacement for $181 w/ shipping. Some will rant about it, sight unseen, but I feel honored they include us in their new product line. Of course, do your own quality control. You wouldn't want an unstaked throttle plate screw coming off and going into your engine.
www.ebay.com/itm/new-carburetor-car...Parts_Accessories&hash=item337d340c35&vxp=mtr

Another guy rebuilds Motorcraft 2 bbl's to replace the Carter BBD, which he claims is problematic. If his claims are true the $245 price seems worth it.
www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcraft-2150-Ca...Parts_Accessories&hash=item33851cfd90&vxp=mtr

Being a cheap bastard, I should relate that I bought a new Carter BBD for $25 on ebay a few years ago.

-
Back