-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact seller
Any one have a set of "Engine Builder" over size valves for the slant six, that they are willing to sell? Had to "steal" the set I had in a head that needed milling and couldn't get done in my time frame. Putting those valves in a head that was already milled, and the shop can do the seats in one day. Head already had the guides and spring seat done. But now I will need to replace the valves in the unmilled head.
Charlie

You probably already know this, but RockAuto does carry a fair selection of rebuilder's valves- on the home page click on the "Tools & Universal Parts" tab, scroll down to "Engine", then to "Rebuilder's Valves" and then select Intake or Exhaust valves. Takes a bit of hunting, but they're all listed by stem diameter, head size and overall length.
Good luck!

I wasn't even aware the over sized valves were still being made for the slant 6.

The "Engine builder" valves are no longer available. The owner of the company retired. Over sized valves are available, but I'm not sure of the actual over size, or stem length. My head was set up for these valves. I had one head that had Manley valves, and two valves were hurt. Sent a sample vale to Manly and got one each exhaust and intake as replacements. Made the mistake of not getting a price quote. The two valves cost over $100 and took 4-5 weeks for turnaround Could have done a full set of the Engine Builder valves for less money..

The "Engine builder" valves are no longer available. The owner of the company retired. Over sized valves are available, but I'm not sure of the actual over size, or stem length. My head was set up for these valves. I had one head that had Manley valves, and two valves were hurt. Sent a sample vale to Manly and got one each exhaust and intake as replacements. Made the mistake of not getting a price quote. The two valves cost over $100 and took 4-5 weeks for turnaround Could have done a full set of the Engine Builder valves for less money..
I'll help you look. Three eyes are better than two.

Chris at SI Valves has them in stock. 1.70 and 1.44. I just talked to him. 800 564 8258

I got mine from Oregon cams when they reground my cam.
I had heard that Hughes engine has them

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back