Slant six engine EGR valve blank off plate?

Slant 6 Engines

1. cruiser

cruiser Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:56 AM
    Does anyone know of anyplace that sells a nice EGR valve blank off plate for a 1974 model year slant six? This is the plate that you install over the hole in the exhaust manifold when you remove the EGR valve. If so, please provide info - thanks!

2. theFightingFew

theFightingFew Always Learning/1975 Valiant Custom/1974 Valiant FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:56 PM
    @cruiser you can take what is there (if you have it) and flip it around and it will block off... Unless you are going for looks... There was a guy on ebay selling steel plates.

UPDATE: eBay

3. krazykuda

krazykuda Well-Known Member FABO Gold Member How-To Section Editor

Local Time:

They removed the EGR valve from the minivan 3.3 L and 3.8 L V-6 somewhere between 1998 - 2000 and used a block off plate...

Check salvage yards for them or go to a dealer and have them look up the EGR block off plate and gasket from that time period...

4. cruiser

Local Time:
    Thanks. Just made an offer on eBay for one. Appreciate the help. BTW, are you a Marine? MOS?

5. theFightingFew

theFightingFew Always Learning/1975 Valiant Custom/1974 Valiant FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    You are most welcome.
    No sir, I have never served though my grandfather was a Marine Corps veteran who served in WWII and Korean War... It took me a minute to figure out why you asked then I realized my screen name... long story I won't get into but I adopted that name in the mid 90's when the interwebs was just taking off and have used it as my name for many things over the years... just something that I stuck with and sticks with me as times change...
    In any case, good luck with the block off. I hope it works out and arrives in the mail in decent time!

6. volaredon

volaredon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've made a few over the years.
    If you can find a late 70s truck or van in a boneyard with a slant 6, many came from the factory blocked off especially the higher gvw models.....the B 100 or D 100 might have EGR but a 150, 200,250 might not. I know the v8s of the time were that way.

7. cruiser

Local Time:
    Just painted and installed the stainless steel one I bought on eBay. Works and looks great.

• Like Like x 1
    • RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Lemmie see your b00bs. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      That's 1/2" stainless plate. You can cut it in half length wise and have 2 for the price of 1.

• pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
      9:56 AM
      Bulletproof! I made mine out of an aluminum heat sink I found on the floor when I took the old EGR off. Exhaust heat didnt seem to affect it any.

• volaredon

volaredon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I saw those on ebay, for what they're asking for them I think I will just cut my own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.