Slant Six Engine Mount info

-

commando408

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 65 Signet and I want to put a slant in it, I have engine mounts the steel part from a 71 dart are they the same as 65 or do I need a pair for early A body? thank you for your knowledge.

What do you mean by "steel parts"?
Are you talking about the brackets that attach to the engine ?
If so,they should be fine to use.

You didn't ask, but if you are mating a 71 engine to a 65 transmission, you likely need a $20 adapter ring since your torque converter snout is smaller. Many posts on this. Don't recall the transition year for slants.

motor mount brackets are different for the 62-66 slant 6 A body cars; 67- up the car was completely redesigned.

they might work-- but some finesse will be required.

to get better answers-- more details would help ,Lawrence

Hi,thanks,yes Bill I am aware of the torque convertor situation on the 66 and earlier
stuff,I try to stay away from that,but thanks for the advise.
Hi Vdart well more info,ok I`m putting a 225 in my 65 and was wondering if the engine mount brackets from a 71 225 woud work on the 65 K frame,it is different yes,I know that,but thought maybe someone would know.
Since most of my experience is with early V8, I never played much with the six,but I tried one in the wife`s barracuda aslo a 65 and I really like it, and that car had the early mounts (S6) with it,so there was no guess work involved,I guess the best way is to try it and see,oh AND I never see the early A slant 6 mounts (brackets) on here for sale,I wonder why? thanks for the info you guys are ok in my book,Scot.

-
Back