Slant six headers and intake ?

-

kingvern

Reaction score
Im putting together a slant six with pro charger. I was wondering who has the best 4 barrel intake and header. I have been looking the Aussie speed stuff. It is very pricy but if worth it then that’s the way I will go. I’m looking to make around 500 to 600 hp. Any info/tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks Vern

Im putting together a slant six with pro charger. I was wondering who has the best 4 barrel intake and header. I have been looking the Aussie speed stuff. It is very pricy but if worth it then that’s the way I will go. I’m looking to make around 500 to 600 hp. Any info/tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks Vern
What vehicle? can make a difference, on the header. Intake, probably Clifford, or custom fabricated.

I've never used Aussie Speed stuff but it has to be better than the domestic crap. domestic hasn't changed or updated products in 35 years . IMOO

At those power levels supercharged, You're going to want to stay away from longer/smaller runners, You won't need them for anything & they'll just add friction. A traditional
big port Clifford 4bbl intake is probably the only off the shelf carb intake that'd work with some work added to it. The Aussies are making a blower intake now I think, but I
believe it's a conventional draw thru huffer unit, not that a carb mounting plate adapter on the blower base wouldn't rock in a blow-thru set-up.............

500hp-600hp ? Wow.....Is that even possible ?
Sounds like you'll need deep pockets.

Last edited:
Blow thru carb
I'm with Charrlie, I'd be doing EFI at this level of boost/expectation, and really I'm not a fan of any carb'd boost applications having owned & worked on a few OE's & added
aftermarket ones. Are You building around racing gasoline or alcohol??

Gasoline, I could go with the fitech unit if I had to. The plan is to use the torque storm pro charger with around 13# boost. Going with forged crank, H beam rods, forged pistons, 9-1 compression. Haven’t decided on cam yet but leaning towards comp cams 550 lift. The pro charger is already set up for water methanol injection. Not sure if any one makes a after market aluminum head or not. So will probably will just have stock head worked over.

Only one aluminum slant head that I am aware of, other then a couple of factory prototypes. That head was a custom billet head, made by a slant six racer. He stated he would not do another one, due to the cost.
PS: The head does not accept most of the stock type parts.

You're probably already aware of this, but offset grinding the crank will get you a few extra thou of stroke if you really need it.

Gasoline, I could go with the fitech unit if I had to. The plan is to use the torque storm pro charger with around 13# boost. Going with forged crank, H beam rods, forged pistons, 9-1 compression. Haven’t decided on cam yet but leaning towards comp cams 550 lift. The pro charger is already set up for water methanol injection. Not sure if any one makes a after market aluminum head or not. So will probably will just have stock head worked over.
1) It's a HUEEEGE jump from 500 to 600hp, those aren't numbers You can just throw around for almost any engine let alone a Slanty.
2) It ain't never gonna happen on 13#'s of boost, I can guarantee You that, unless You're spraying it with 200hp worth of N2O. 21#'s is probably a good start.....BUT......
You might want to look up the gold Duster that is running a charged Slanty in the 10's, that ought to give You a reference to work with.
3) Oh Lord, did You say "aftermarket al-u-minimum head for a Slant Six"?? No, and the better ported heads usually top out at 210-220cfm, I've only managed 192 so far,
but I knew more was there. Mike Jeffries is purportedly one of if not the best at it, and has many fans on Slantsix.org, but I think He's retiring so..........
4) Personally, I would never attempt what You are without port EFI, but that's just My 2cts.
5) I wish You luck, feel free to ask anything, and share the same!
:thumbsup:

-
Back