Slant six Muffler!

Slant 6 Engines

1. Kody meile

Kody meile Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    I like single exhausts with aftermarket mufflers, I once built some "power-pipe" style headers for my car, stock cam , only thing I noticed is like you said sounds like a sworm of bees behind ya lol, after that I was like ehhh… so I stuck the manifold back on, idk to each their own. I have a 65 barracuda \6 904 btw...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Kody meile

Kody meile Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      but that sworm of bees sound I only noticed it with only split headers, ive never noticed it with a stock manifold to a flow master 40 serious or a 10

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • flingdingo

flingdingo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Best slant I ever heard was in a rail at the Antique Drags at California Speedway, it sounded exactly like that herd of bees until the light turned green. Then it sounded like the world's largest man bending over and splitting the ass out of the world's largest pair of Levi's. Impressive to say the least.

My wagon has a 14" glasspack on it and sounds pretty darn good. It does drone a bit at freeway speeds, but its not overbearing, and the wagon's got no carpets in it to dampen the sound.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • 69a100

69a100 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I have a simple 2-1/4" pipe & tail with a Maremont super turbo w/2-1/2" in & out. Don't ask why the large muffler with the smaller pipes, long story. Sounds good for a stock motor & exhaust, and I'm sure my backpressure is close to zero with this.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • MarPar

MarPar Swervin' Like Im George Jones

Local Time:
            11:17 PM
            Im thinking I have not enough back pressure. Like it sucks it back in before the pulse fully clears the tail pipe.

seinfeld idk shrug.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.