Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeputy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pick-up tube for my 225. A good used one or new(who sells them new?).

Thanks,

Antoon

For your '67 I presume?? I should have one......$10.00 plus the UPS ride. Let me know and I'll go make sure.
Thanks, Mark

It is a 68, but the 225 that's going between it's fenders is a 75 with the oilpan from a...... I don't know. Does that matter?

Antoon

Still looking. The oilpan Ihave has the number 987 stamped into the bottom

Thanks,

Antoon

Antoon
Reuse the oil pan and the oil pick-up from your 170. It is the same as on your "new" 225. The pickup and oil pan "have to remain with the car" if you change them they will hit on the K member.
Frank

I wanted to build the engine first so I don't have the valiant out of the running for long. But if this is my only option, I think I will do that.
You think the new oil pan I have won't fit?

Antoon

The only problems I have run across on the oil pans is '67 or newer into '66 or older. The early A's have a slightly different sump area on the K member that will hit a '67 or newer pan. If the pan you have is from a car it should work, the truck pan won't. You should be able to get a new pick up at most any parts store. Got mine at Rock Auto, www.rockauto.com . FWIW, I have a pan and pick up that came out of a '73 Duster if you want it.

I think I'll do some measuring to compare the original oil pan I have now, and the one I got for my "new" 225. The problem is that I have no idea where that pan came from. All I know is that it's for a passenger car.
I googled my *** off today, but I can't find the relating part number that goes with the stamped 987.
but seeing there are only two different oil pickups for the passengercar slant six, and that the only difference is the place in the oilpan, and not so much the height, I think I can make it work with a little tweaking

Antoon

I took a long look underneath my valiant today and made some measurements of the oil pan of the numbers matching 170.
It turns out that they are completely identical. The original 1968 170 oil pan is also stamped 987.

Antoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back