Slant six race

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
For any one interested, there is a slant six race the weekend of 7-20 to 7-22. 1/8 mile bracket style. Home
Wilkesborro, NC. Open to any slant six powered vehicle. TnT thur nite, race Fri nite, For those that wish, display vehicles at Empire Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, in Wilkesborro, Sat about 9-10 am to around 1 Pm. Then another race Sat afternoon/nite. Thread over here Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - Wilkesboro Race 2017 July 21 & 22 Details and Roll Call

Last edited:
For you slanters that didn't come, you missed a good meet. Just a few cars for Thur TnT. $10 for as many runs as you wanted. Fri $10 entry, 11 cars for the slant six race. Won by Ron Hamby (66 Dart). Not sure what the win paid, but I got $60 for semi loser. Thats not a bad deal. Sat 14 cars, $20 entry, don't know the payout, but I got $10 for 1st round loser. Ron Hamby won, again. Sat morning we had our cars on display at Empire Chrysler, with breakfast sandwiches to munch on. At the track we had all kinds of food, thanks to the wifes of some of the racers. These are fun get togethers.

PS: Phil, the owner of the track, treats us great. Does everything he can, to help.

Last edited:
I sure miss racing with you guys.My plan for the "B" body slant racer looks like it may never get done.Lots of family matters going on that come first.

-
Back