slant six to 318/727 combo swap what do i need ??

-
what do i need to swap out the engines ?? will charger headers fit in the engine bay ?

Are you keeping the slant six k member? I kept mine in my 69 Dart when I put a 318 in place of the 225. I bought a set of Schumacher conversion mounts that dropped the 318 right in place on the slant six k member. I even used the slant six radiator for the 318. The biggest thing you will have to watch out for is the drop link for the steering. I don't think I had a clearance problem with mine, but I can't remember for sure.

Ditto above except my '74 Duster didn't have any steering linkage clearance issues.

You'll need in addition to the Schmaucher mount;

Cut the driveshaft

Possible larger rad. Even more so if the engine is not stock. A V-8 rad should be swapped in. I got mine new at Auto Zone for $200.

On the wireing harrnass, some cutting to shorten will be done, maybe a wire or to needs to be made longer. Radio shack has acceptable wire and shrink wrap tubeing. Soder them toghter and shrink wrap them.

The throttle and kickdown cables are best, IMO, replaced with Lokar or equal cables. There easy to install and fit. the operate very well. It saves a huge hassle of finding OE parts that can be expensive.

Up grade the rear from the 7-1/4 to a 8-1/4 or 3/4

Upgrading the front drums to discs and larger drums out back are well worth the money spent. I did this on my Duster. Stock discs up front, 11 inch drums out back.

ive got a 318 in my barracuda previous a 273. and was told by previous owner it was a straight swap. but if he was to put anything bigger in it, would imagine you would have to start cutting bits up to fit it in.

FYI to the general population or newbie;

All small blocks have the same external sizes minus the exhaust manifolds and intakes that can vary from year to year.

In this case, "Bigger" would mean big block.

-
Back