-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakers_SS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a slant six engine for sale out of my 1971 duster. Not the original engine, but ran when pulled. It'll need new freeze plugs, I pulled it to do a magnum swap and didn't want to spend too much time and money on it with a 360 sitting on a stand and all the parts. I'm located in Las Vegas NV. I'd like to get rid of it as it's just taking up space. I'd like to get around $250 for it, but make me an offer and let's see what we can do! I have a hoist for loading the engine in your vehicle.
119979807_3356535541080243_7135942033418056176_o.jpg
IMG_20200710_201202.jpg
IMG_20200906_121201.jpg

Also have a three speed bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, etc if interested in more parts.

What is the code on the pad right above the coil wher the head meets the block ? I'm looking for a 66 slant 225 .That would start off with this ( B225 xxxxxx)

What is the code on the pad right above the coil wher the head meets the block ? I'm looking for a 66 slant 225 .That would start off with this ( B225 xxxxxx)

IF It's a 225. It could be a 198. I was just going to ask. Either is a fine little engine though.

It should be a 225. 1967 or older, going by the damper, and timing tab. Of course after all these years, there is no gaurentee these haven't been changed. I would definitely check the size of the rear crank register .

I got the engine into the light tonight and was unable to find any pad with a stamping on it anywhere where the head and block mate. Do you have an example picture you can send me? Glad to take another look if I know exactly where to look and what I'm looking for.

I got the engine into the light tonight and was unable to find any pad with a stamping on it anywhere where the head and block mate. Do you have an example picture you can send me? Glad to take another look if I know exactly where to look and what I'm looking for.

It's sticks out just below where the head meets the block in the front passenger corner right where it would be under the alternator. If the alternator's on it, that's why you're not seein it.

It's sticks out just below where the head meets the block in the front passenger corner right where it would be under the alternator. If the alternator's on it, that's why you're not seein it.
Thanks, I was looking on either side and not the front. I'll take a look tomorrow and let everyone know what it says.

hmm, no pad with numbers there either... previous owner said it was a 225 out of a late 70s truck though. Parts I bought for it I asked for 225 and they all fit

hmm, no pad with numbers there either... previous owner said it was a 225 out of a late 70s truck though. Parts I bought for it I asked for 225 and they all fit

Since I have the head off one, I'll go out in a bit and get a picture so you can see exactly where it is. They all have it. Unless the block has been decked at some point. Back soon as I'm done with supper.

Here you go. You can see the pad on the deck surface. It's a little wider than the edge of the deck on that area. The last picture shows how it stick out past the head gasket. It sticks out from under the head the same way. That pad WILL be there. It may be blank if the block's been milled. It's a "GOOD" machinist's practice to record any id numbers and re-stamp them. Unfortunately, true "GOOD" machine work is a dying art.

ID PAD.jpg
ID PAD1.jpg
ID PAD2.jpg

Here you go. You can see the pad on the deck surface. It's a little wider than the edge of the deck on that area. The last picture shows how it stick out past the head gasket. It sticks out from under the head the same way. That pad WILL be there. It may be blank if the block's been milled. It's a "GOOD" machinist's practice to record any id numbers and re-stamp them. Unfortunately, true "GOOD" machine work is a dying art.

View attachment 1715693407 View attachment 1715693408 View attachment 1715693409

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back