SLEEPYS 69 swinger project

-
Sleepy, yer freakin awesome!
Hey man, why did you have to replace the front frame rails? Was it because of the torsion bar crossmember or something?
Can't wait to see it painted and reassembled. Red with a black vinyl top looks awesome on 67-9 Darts.

Keep up the good work!

George

Man you have done an incredible job, I would have thought that car was ready for the junk yard.......well done! Can't wait to see it painted!

sweet Cuda my friend... for some reason I dont remember seeing this car at Norwin Hills.. I have seen a B5 blue AAR a couple times though... I am definitly gonna be watching for your car this year...

Heres a few some w/basecoat some w/clearcoat Turned out very nice.

Attachments

• 100_0078.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 667
  • 100_0074.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 665
  • 100_0073.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 668
  • 100_0068.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 669
  • 100_0067.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 673
Fantastic, looks like it turned out great!

This is motivation to redo mine. The bodyshop that did my 4K paint job is shot in 2 years, clear coat peeling on roof, trunk lid and hood....he is closed down and out of business, go figure! Think I'll do it my self next time, since the sheet metal is straight, I think it just needs the clear coat removed, clean up the base coat, primed and re spray the B5 and clear coat. Or maybe just do a single stage....will have to get some guidance since I've never painted a car before. You guys on FABO make it look doable!

Very nice progress:
Can only hope mine looks that good sometime soon.
What colour of red did you go with?
Keep the pictures coming.

Awesome job! Just a couple of questions.. What was the color code you finally decided on? Do the '73-'76 fenders fit the '67-'69 Darts with modifications, and what needs to be modified? I'm embarking on a '67 Dart GT restoration myself & if I can get the later fenders it would certainly help with finding parts.
:burnout:

Great work on your Dart! You have true talent!

Looks very nice, great job on the paint. That will be kick *** all together!

It's amazing! You really don't get the full effect of how far it's come until you go back & look at the charred burnt mess you started with! My hat is off to you not only for your skills, but for your courage & ability to see through what most of us would consider beyond the point of no return & to see it through.

Can you shed any light on the '73 fender used? What mods are necessary?
Thanks.

Still moving right along. Got all brakes lines run, set motor in, mocking up to install clutch rod bracket. Bellhousing had a 6" crack got to find one.

Attachments

• 100_0092.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 520
-
Back