slick decision

-
What differential do you have in the duster? Is it a stock length diff or narrowed? How about the 15x10 wheel backspace ? Sorry for so many questions just love the look of your duster! I want that for my dart sport. I have an 8.25.
Thanks. The Duster has a narrowed 9" (2" less than a stock width 8 3/4). The wheels are 15x10 with 5" back space on the 295/55R15 drag radials and 15x10 with 5.5" back space on the 29x10.50w slicks.

Bill

These are an excellent tire and we
ran them for many years.
They require very little burn out
once broken in for a few passes.
Just a count to two or three to clean any
crap off them.
First few runs do a bit longer burn out to break them

in (Maybe a four or five count).
Start with 18 PST = They do not like low pressure!
You will probably end up with 21 or 22 PSI with your
combo.
We routinely ran 1.33 to 1.36 depending on the track
and density altitude on these with our 3300 + 340 Stockers
on the C07 tires.
The Goodyear Radials are a hundred or two faster than
the Hoosier but are not as forgiving or as fast recovering
if they do spin.
We are sponsored now by Goodyear and do tire testing/development
for them.
We used to have a Hoosier deal before we got a better deal from
Goodyear. Both are a very good choice especially if the last hundred
is not as critical to you. (We won class a few years ago by .0001 true
margin in Denver so it is a different situation for us than most racers).
The stick will need a well set up suspension to tolerate the radials.
But it can be done.
You run 18-22 psi in a bias slick? I didn't think you could run that high?

MoparMcK I run a totally different setup than you do, to tell you the truth I do not like Center force clutches. They are not a good drag race clutch, because in my opinion they hit way to hard and love to break driveline parts and your clutch should be the ware part not a busted up driveline. I run a Soft-loc clutch with a Jerico 4spd. it's not a set up for the faint of hearts on the street and it is a street car, hp/tq could not tell you. But my small block Dart(that I took a 100# out of this winter) weights now 3415 in race trim and has run a best of 1.48/60'(shifting second about 50 feet out) 10.6x at 126 and it's all in the clutch tune.
Soft-loc clutches are a learning curve to get the static pressure and centrifugal weight right for your combo. For someone who does a lot of street driving and doesn't go to the track every week, my suggestion is to call Grant at ClutchTamer.com, he is a really good guy and he will set you up with the perfect combo for the best 60 foots and ET's for your car, for a lot less then my Soft-Loc clutch cost and more street friendly as well. I used his ClutchTamer when I sent my clutch back to get rebuilt, and it works exactly the way he says it does. Call him you will be glad you did.

on
How tall is a 295 60 15 it's less or close to 28 inch tall.
I don't think you're on the same topic as me.
I and others are talking about tire circumference, not width of the tire or wheel.
my 8 1/2'' wide wheels , ther e 29''...
by the way , the inner fender work was done with a bfh ...lol
there is an indentation in the drivers side inner that had to be reworked on every mopar I`ve ever messed with , with exception of a full tubbed b body ...

-
Back