slip yolk length

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I saw a few 904 yokes for sale with different lengths...I got a driveshaft that is about 1.5 too short officially and the tailshaft needs to stick out about 2" to reach the U-joint. Can I use a longer tailshaft to correct this? Im planning to space the rear axle another .5 back due to some larger tires so Ill really be out 2.5 after that. Just trying to reuse this driveshaft if at all possible. I got no specs on whats in there at the moment to compare the lengths but why do they make the 904 yokes different lengths anyway?

Last edited:
Im talking the slip yokes, I guess tailshaft is the wrong description. oops

I have 2 slip yokes right now, both 904, both small U joint, plus the OEM one in the trans.

The 2 I have are different lengths.

The OEM in the trans (flat, not bellows, OEM type seal) has about 1.5 to 2.5 inches of exposed surface.

I know none of this helps you. Just wanted to illustrate how all the folks out there that say there is only one length 904 small U joint slip yoke are wrong!

IMHO best way to determin your solution is pull the current slip yoke out of your trans and measure it to see if you have a short yoke or long one now. if you have a short yoke and a long yoke will be 1.5 longer it should work.

BUT..

My best engenireeng brain says the U joint closer to the tail shaft outlet is better for strength and vibration.

yes, yours were the ones I was refering to. Ill check mine and maybe we can seal a deal.

yes, yours were the ones I was refering to. Ill check mine and maybe we can seal a deal
I'm not the seller of the yokes. I just happen to have some extra yokes. And feel your pain! :)

-
Back