Small block 90* oil filter adapter

-

85glht

Reaction score
I scored one of these units at Carlisle this weekend. On the center bolt there was 2 different types of gaskets on it. One was a small washer type (with a thin rubber coating on it), the other was just round cork. I take it that the cork washer goes in between the adapter and the block (on the bolt itself) and the small rubberized washer goes between the bolt head and the adapter?
Next question about this thing is that there is no gasket/ o-ring to seal the adapter to the block at the outer mating surface. Can I just use RTV to seal it??

Thanks

silicone??? no way, go to your local dealer parts counter and tell them what you have, that's where I always score mine. I think there less than a dollar

Here is a diagram to refer to:

OilAdapterGaskets.jpg

That is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like the outer gasket is paper....... if all else fails I can make that. Thanks!!

Just found out that with the headers that I am running, I don't require the 90* oil filter adapter...... am I safe to assume that the same three gaskets go in the same sequence with the stock filter adapter?? Thanks in advance!!

Just found out that with the headers that I am running, I don't require the 90* oil filter adapter...... am I safe to assume that the same three gaskets go in the same sequence with the stock filter adapter?? Thanks in advance!!

Anyone?? I just want to be sure it is correct.

-
Back