-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick455440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
i have a 72 340 bare block and heads going in a early A, timing mark on drivers side. Assuming small block pullys from around the same time are the same, preferably looking for a match set 2 grove crank, single grove water pullys and a alt bracket, do not need PS bracket or pully, but want a 2 grove crank pully Incase of aftermarket air. Also looking for a oil pan that will work in this swap and a distributor hold down, thanks

i have a 72 340 bare block and heads going in a early A, timing mark on drivers side. Assuming small block pullys from around the same time are the same, preferably looking for a match set 2 grove crank, single grove water pullys and a alt bracket, do not need PS bracket or pully, but want a 2 grove crank pully Incase of aftermarket air. Also looking for a oil pan that will work in this swap and a distributor hold down, thanks
2 groove is for power steering and non A/C. So you’ll want a 4 groove if you’re wanting A/C. Also, the water pump pulleys are different between a/c and non a/c. I have a pan and water pump pulley if you’re interested.

Jake

Are you using the cast iron water pump or aluminum one? All the brackets and pulleys are different for each setup, and as mentioned A/C and non A/C are all different too. No mixing and matching unless you like to modify things. Radiator connections are another thing to consider when it comes to using stock parts. Keep in mind that the '72 and later balancers and pulley used an evenly spaced bolt pattern and the earlier ones had one offset bolt. You can modify either setup by slotting one hole, but, just nice the get the correct ones without having to do it. Timing marks are another difference in the '70 and newer, and '69 and older setup. Since you have the later timing cover (and I presume balancer) you may a little trouble seeing the timing mark if you use the cast iron water pump with that combo. Maybe add the earlier timing indicator and adding another timing mark on the balancer might be a good idea.

Will end up using the aluminum pass side lower exit water pump, timing cover with marks on driver side, kinda wanting a single grove water pump pully and two grove crank pully, for non AC if they ar more common,

Will end up using the aluminum pass side lower exit water pump, timing cover with marks on driver side, kinda wanting a single grove water pump pully and two grove crank pully, for non AC if they ar more common,
That shouldn't be too bad to find. Get a matching set of pulleys and brackets off a '70 and newer small block with power steering and no A/C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back