**small block engine mount brackets**

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have some somewhere in a box in my garage,I,ll have to look.They,re from a 73 Dart Swinger 318/904.

JFYI, One side is different on a 273/318 vs. 340/360. Can't remember which side it is but I know one side is spaced different. Also remember the year break is 73 so 72 and older (biscuit type) are different than 73 and up (spindle type).

JFYI, One side is different on a 273/318 vs. 340/360. Can't remember which side it is but I know one side is spaced different. Also remember the year break is 73 so 72 and older (biscuit type) are different than 73 and up (spindle type).

Tracy,

I am pretty sure on the 67 Dart I am working on now, the drivers side is the same. I am using the 6 K member doing the V8 swap. I am going to cut off the K member mount on the passenger side and make a new one to fit whichever brackets I get.

I hope I am attacking this thing correctly. Figured if I am going to chop, weld and cut anyway that I will be ok. ?? Please tell me if I am wrong on this one!

I am going to Mock up the NEW 904 V8 Trans along with a spare block and heads this week to make sure it fits nice then dismantle it all and go for Painting the whole car after I decide what to do on the rear end. I am thinking Mini Tubs with a Coil Over and Ladder bar set up. This way I can get a 14" wide tire in there. I will probably weld in an 8 pt cage while I am at it. We will see.

Well, I might save myself some time with this kit from Mancini. Pricey but it would save me at least 4 hours of mock up.

Kind of sucks though I only need the mounts! Since I am going SOLID motor mounts, maybe I should just set it and make some SOLID engine brackets straight off the K Member??

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19abslan6to2.html

Well, I might save myself some time with this kit from Mancini. Pricey but it would save me at least 4 hours of mock up.

Kind of sucks though I only need the mounts! Since I am going SOLID motor mounts, maybe I should just set it and make some SOLID engine brackets straight off the K Member??

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19abslan6to2.html

Louis here's a swap kit on Summit a ton cheaper. Not sure if it'll work for ya but it might be worth looking.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-4695/

It's for the 340/360 series block. If that's what you have it should work. Would save a bunch of work if it does as it's a bolt on.

I think I have some somewhere in a box in my garage,I,ll have to look.They,re from a 73 Dart Swinger 318/904.

Hey Scott I don't mean to be knocking you out of a sale by any means but I don't think your 73 parts will work. Those are the spool type aren't they? If they aren't the spool type I'm wrong and they might work.

Tracy,

This is for the 318 based 402 that I am building. Do they have a kit for that?

Doesn't look like they do. I think you can modify the one that isn't quite right easily by adding a spacer. At least that's what I've read numerous times. Rumblefish has mentioned it before if I remember right. You might ask him. Or start a thread about it. I'm sure somebody will know for sure.

Make sure you get a 273-318 mount

340/360 mount will most likely be too narrow on the drivers side. Pass side ears are the same on LA engines.

I met someone last summer who used '65 273 mounts on a 360 and moved the mounts forward of the tabs instead of between them. He also said he used some washers to space everything out and dropped it all into a '65 /6 Valiant without changing the centerlink. I thknk he used a few washers to raise the engine enough to clear. No welding on the frame required.

I just went throught this putting a motor in my 68 Dart. I have the brackets and mounts for a 318 if you are still intertested. I am in Pomona

I just went throught this putting a motor in my 68 Dart. I have the brackets and mounts for a 318 if you are still intertested. I am in Pomona

Since I have a 6cyl K member the one side will need to be modified anyway so I decided to go with the schumacher mounts.

Thanks for the heads up though. Man there are alot of MOPAR guys all around me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back