Small block head bolt diameter and thread pitch

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
I’m having a adapter plate being built for my heads. And need to know for sure what size they are.
would just take a head bolt over to him but I’m out of town right now. Won’t be back until Monday.
Everything I look up on line tell me what it fits. But no thread spec’s

Adapter for what?
1/2 by 13 thread per inch???????

I’m finishing up my flow bench I built 2years ago. I built a hack job “head adapted“ out of Plastic for my last flow bench. Having a professional one built by a friend this time. Will use actual head bolt to hold head onto adapter.

1/2 by 13 thread per inch???????

I’m finishing up my flow bench I built 2years ago. I built a hack job “head adapted“ out of Plastic for my last flow bench. Having a professional one built by a friend this time. Will use actual head bolt to hold head onto adapter.

If you use 3/8 bolts to hold the head down to the adapter, you can fit way more than one head per adapter. You don’t need a 1/2 bolt to hold the head down.

I had a 4.100 bore adapter I used it for SBM, SBC and SBF. I had a 4.300 bore adapter I used for big block OE stuff and then a 4.560 bore adapter for the aftermarket big block stuff and I used 3/8 bolts for all that.

If you use 3/8 bolts to hold the head down to the adapter, you can fit way more than one head per adapter. You don’t need a 1/2 bolt to hold the head down.

I had a 4.100 bore adapter I used it for SBM, SBC and SBF. I had a 4.300 bore adapter I used for big block OE stuff and then a 4.560 bore adapter for the aftermarket big block stuff and I used 3/8 bolts for all that.
Yes with the stock 1/2. Bolt could be machine from plastic and be strong enough.

Will be using my original bore sleeve. But will be able to change out bores as well as sleeves In my bench.
My old flow bench has a 4” hole in the top. New one has a 5 1/8” hole or bore, in the top of my bench. And is why I’m needing a new adapter before I can us this bench.

1/2-13.
Standard is 1/2-12 or 1/2-20. Right.........
Chrysler didn’t us some odd ball size right.
Just want to be sure. If I wait until Monday, my **** will be in the back of the line....and it will be another month before he gets it done.

With only a few exceptions, all U.S. cars used either USS or USC (USS --U.S. standard or U.S. Course) same thing, or SAE which is the "standard" fine thread

Some exceptions: Intercrashional Korn Binder Shouts used hydraulic clutch components from England and used "British Girling" brake fluid and I assume were metric pieces.

Some "fake imports" such as the old Mazda built Ford Courier, all Jap and all metric Some of the old early Postal vans used Brit stuff, Austiin I think. Buick Opel, etc. I don't remember for sure Pinto, but damn sure Chevy Luv and S-10

And Holley screws. Holley does / did not use standard machine screws, like 10-24 or 10-32, or 6-32, etc etc. They used weird threads which would more closely resemble something a gunsmith would see

Under the "wish I'd saved it" department, one day a young kid I knew, worked at the local Chrysler dealer, had been inserting service bulletins into the cataloges. He showed me one, it detailed the affected models and years, etc, and said basically that the steering wheel nut was metric

IN OTHER WORDS THE NUT BEHIND THE WHEEL LOL

-
Back