Small block header options with O2 bungs?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
I need to figure out what headers to run for my Duster project. Originally planned to go with 340 manifolds and have the o2 bungs welded in the lead pipes. Really wanted the manifold set-up to keep from cutting/welding on the console shift linkage. Plus I would like to run a full size starter. However I would like to find something that is polished ceramic coated to give a nice look.

Details...
70 Duster
360 mounted on a 73 spool type K-member
console shift
power steering

Suggestions?

I'm not sure what your asking here. So.....

Running exhaust manifolds with the 02 sensors In the head pipes is just fine.
However, no headers come stock OOTB with 02 bungs welded in the collector or the reducer. You can order reducers with the 02 bungs all ready welded in for you.
Just make sure that the 02 sensor is OK to be there as per the instructions of the maker of the device your using. In example, Edelbrock suggests that the 02 bung/sensor be in the collector and NOT the reducer of the headers.

Also, a full size starter is just dead weight. A new MP mini starter or equal is half the weight and twice the torque in starting power. Just be aware that all mini starters have the cable points in the same spot. The may be very or too close to the block.

Looking at TTi it appears you can order their headers (polished ceramic coated) with o2 bungs installed. However I was in hopes that someone had a better option to use shorties with o2 bungs in the lead pipe. What I am working with is a 360 and the MSD Atomic EFI set-up. Motor pic from the machine shop today!!!

Attachments

• 70 Duster Motor April 10, 2013.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 123
If your asking about headers, there are 3 choices starting with tti's, Doug's or every other header that is cheap and with 3 tubes under the steering linkages that will for surely get dinged and bent if not flattened.

TTI's are very pricey
Doug's are almost as pricey
Every other header prices range from $99 to $179 for all the same style header without a lick of difference in fit or finish.

I've used Headman, Hooker, Black Jacks, Summit racing headers a d probably a couple of others that I can not remember anymore. In all honestly the best fitting ones were Summits. But I give not garrentee.

Does the instructions say it is OK in the header reducer?
Do they say where it is OK?
Glad you corrected me on the tti offerings! Thanks!

I just ordered the EFI kit today. I am just starting to gather all the parts needed for the install since the car is still in the body shop. I will likely go with the TTi's since the bungs would be welded in before they are coated. I just hate that I will have to cut/weld the console linkage. I sure don't want headers hanging down below the chassis.

Also, a full size starter is just dead weight. A new MP mini starter or equal is half the weight and twice the torque in starting power. Just be aware that all mini starters have the cable points in the same spot. The may be very or too close to the block.
This is very true. I know of someone with a HEMI that has the cable real close to the block....

mini starters come on more then just mopars so you can go to a starter rebuilder shop and get cable relocator pieces that differ from stock mopar

:blob:
mini starters come on more then just mopars so you can go to a starter rebuilder shop and get cable relocator pieces that differ from stock mopar

From what I remember he just bolted the cable directly to the starter.....but this was before he had the headers built so....I will have to remember this when I get to my car some decade....

-
Back