small block indy heads

-

wesgriffiths

Reaction score
has any one had issues with ported indy heads leaking through the ports over time,was talking to a fellow racer on the weekend and he said they use low quality aluminum that is very porus and breaks down and leaks over time. He was told 6-700 runs and they are junk,just throw them away

wow pretty expensive to just throw them away....they can give them to me.lol

Indy's castingd do suck , but the leaking issues are from them being too thin. This usually happens in the exhaust port after heavy porting. Their own CNC ex port program is one of the biggest offenders in regard to this issue. Of course if you call them out on this they'll tell you they have the best castings in the industry, and have never hears of this problem. Lying *** mother phukers

They do tend to be porous from the research I have done.

I have the 230CNC -2 heads. I had them pressure checked before running them to make sure they would be good. 3 days of driving on them so far and all is well too.

As was mentioned, it is usually the exhaust ports, especially on the -1 245 CNC program...apparently those have great potential to become a sprinkler system.

Your best bet is to go through an Indy dealer. Crappy selection for cylinder heads, with no in between from entry level to serious performance for the SB mopars is why I wish I started with a big block in the first place.

yes my brother inlaw had that problem right ootb . Luckly he called them and they did return them after finding a leakin an exhaust port he had no problem with the return he bought the short block then built the top with the indy e-z heads but I am not sure who he bought them threw but it ended up a smooth return and runs hard now .I know I had a ***** of a time dealing with indy with my 360 x heads ,I wanted to go thru brian at imm , but was bad timing on both our sides g/l hope they return yours

I have the 245cc ported version of the 360-1 heads from indy. No problem here but I have nowhere near 600-700 passes on them.

-
Back