small block oil filter adapter

-

fordilac

okiedart
Reaction score
I need to use one of these on my 64 dart & have an original from a 64 273. the bolt looks heavily stressed & I have heard that there are problems with flow & help/parts would be appreciated every time I find a sight with mounting bolts or gaskets they are out of stock

I have one of those setups....either the original cast iron ones or the later aluminum.

The banjo bolt is available at the dodge dealer for about............$60 (kinda salty)
The gasket set ....$8-9

Most of the online sites .....year 1, Summit and the likes is normaly a 2 month back order.....dealer ship...4-5 days

if somebody gives me the Mopar part #, will see what we can do, p&s director in a good size dealer...
Dodge29

Welcome to the world of rare. They used to be worth nothing, trashed, junked. If you needed one, head to junkyard. And other parts, too. Then one day, us Mopar guys looked around, and crapped. All our junkyard cars had been scrapped, and not enough demand to make it worth a company's time to re-produce them. China tries, but they suck.
Gawd, the parts I have trashed or given away......sob.

Does anybody know the Mopar number for the gasket kit? The local dealership can't look up anything that's older than 2000 on their computer (or so they say....).

I got some good gasket material and traced the adapter outside and cut out with an exacto knife then trimmed out the inside about 3/8s from the outside. worked great for a buck. Most auto parts carry sheet gasket. The bolt ones easy.

The gasket kit is P5249320 and the bolt is P5007515. I got about half dozen gasket kits and 2 bolts....and the bolts are around $60 unless you go to Jegs, then its $81.99 :angry7:

The gasket kit is P5249320 and the bolt is P5007515. I got about half dozen gasket kits and 2 bolts....and the bolts are around $60 unless you go to Jegs, then its $81.99 :angry7:
Man, I need to find a way to machine some of those! I'd probably make a killing at $40 a pop! 8)

unless its a correct resto, use a standard adapter (filter right on block) and run a PH16 filter, its a little shorter but does the job just fine and clears the torsion bar.

-
Back