small block oil pump pick up

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
i have a 360 motor which was originally out of a truck has the bigger truck pan on it, by looking at it i dont think i would be able to use the truck oil pump pick up tube, so how long is the correct stock oil pump pick up length for a body oil pan cause i do have one but it might be from a slant six engine?

Any small block, center sump pickup will work. No difference between a 273/318/360 car pickup.

15795076-5B29-4DD7-A24B-3A1A70D9B6D9.png

There is a difference in the 360 pick ups and you need to know whick car pan to match em.

Yup anyone know where I can buy a passenger car oil pick up. Because the van and truck pan are deeper that means the oil pick up tube is longer.

Yup anyone know where I can buy a passenger car oil pick up. Because the van and truck pan are deeper that means the oil pick up tube is longer.

The the rear sump pickup for a pickup truck or van is almost a c shape because it comes out of the pump drop straight down then goes back with the suction part or screen of the pickup. The center sump and forward sump are the longer of the three.

Here is a high-volume pickup that will work with the car oil pan.

Yellow Zinc Finish Chrysler 318-340-360 Oil Pickup tube Stock Pan Hot Rod | eBay

I have ordered pass car pick up tubes through NAPA for about $18 - $20...

Truck pans have the hump in a different location than the car pans... A truck pan will hit the k-frame on a car...

How to ID a Small Block Oil Pan 60's - 80's

Melling 72s2 they are 17 bucks at rock auto I just ordered one also!

If you are converting from a truck to a car you have to change the oil pan and the pickup tube! The melling I posted above is the tube you need you just gonna find a oil pan to match. I'm sorry I miss read the post!

-
Back