small block pull and rebuild

-

BarryC

'74 Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help. What is the going rate on pulling, teardown, rebuild, assembly, and install of a small block in a 69 swinger? There is a local guy that wants to know what I will take to do it? Any ideas you could give would be great. I've pulled the engine out of my Duster numerous times and it is a snap, but I dont really know what a good price for someone would be. Engine assembly is also easy, not the first walk in the park for me.

Thanks guys..

I do this for a side business. You need to be absolutely sure of your abilities, and of your ability to overcome things like parts that go bad and paint in the engine bay that might have problems that are not your fault, but aren't the customer's problem either. Remember that when you put a scratch in the fender or a cam lobe goes flat. Beyond that, your time is what you believe it's worth. In terms of labor time, I think it will be a solid 25 hours at least, more if you are supposed to make the final install high quality. You're better simply agreeing on a price for the whole job. Just make sure you both are exactly in agreement over the final product.

-
Back