Small Block Throttle cable

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Has anybody else modified their throttle bracket to use their stock small block throttle cable?

I was looking at my big block bracket and the original small block bracket. I decided to make a piece so I could just use what I had.

I noticed that I needed to move the clamp forward to almost where the original bolted on the bracket without the offset. I took a piece of metal strap, drilled a couple holes, made a few bends, and viola! Seems to work fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 176
I've never had a problem using a small block cable on the big block bracket...

Maybe it is just my combination then. When I tried to clamp the cable down on the main bracket it does not clear some of the carb linkages. I had to raise it up like the original clamp from the 78 NY, but without the offset. You can see the offset in this picture.

Attachments

• 20140524_141720.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 161
I'm also running a stock intake, but I don't recall a problem with the two different Edelbrock manifolds that we ran on my son's 383. That extra bracket from the Chrysler is for the cruise control cable.

I must be my combo then. If I clamp it low the cable gets bound up on the linkages on the street demon carb that control the secondaries. Even up high the cable just barely touches them.

Maybe it is just my combination then. When I tried to clamp the cable down on the main bracket it does not clear some of the carb linkages. I had to raise it up like the original clamp from the 78 NY, but without the offset. You can see the offset in this picture.

Can you post a pic that shows the bracket along with the linkage interference?

Can you post a pic that shows the bracket along with the linkage interference?

Here ya go. This is with the riser I made. You can see the throttle cable just touches the linkage for the secondaries. When I mount it without the riser it gets bound up in an "S" shape.

Attachments

• 20140526_164450.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 133
-
Back