Small Block Valve Covers.

-

Hemiroid

Reaction score
I want to replace the stock valve covers on my 340, I have been looking at the Mopar Performance wide valve cover set, because of the different look they have.
Does any one have them on there car, and what do you think?

Thanks Kenny :farao:

dcc-4876124_w.jpg

dcc-4876124_w.jpg

Those look great. Go for it.

Pssssst.... I see your from Onterio. Is that anywhere near Ontario? :toothy10:

Wylde1.

Those covers are badass!!! I have them on my 408 stroker in my sig pic!
Pricey though at $340 for the pair, plus $130 for the Mopar stud kit, and $13 for the baffle kit...

4081.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Thanks Mopardude318: That is one bad looking stroker! what are your dyno.
numbers, and were did you buy the breathers from.

Kenny

Thanks Mopardude318: That is one bad looking stroker! what are your dyno.
numbers, and were did you buy the breathers from.

Kenny

Thanks. Dyno numbers: 533 HP/513 FT LBS
I go the breathers from mancini racing

Thanks again Mopardude318; You made up my mind I'm going to order the covers and breathers.

Thanks Kenny

copy cat! LOL just kidding. post pics when you get them installed. id like to see them.

-james

MoparDude318, after seeing the side view with the unfinished ribs (from the factory??? that's some sloppy work there Dodge boys), I see that those can use a LOT of extra TLC to be truly outstanding.

Gotta say that's an awesome looking motor though. :-D Obviously lots of time, work and attention to detail. Be proud!!!

She is so right, I would do somthing about that sloppy work. sell them to me, used, half price. LOL

MoparDude318, after seeing the side view with the unfinished ribs (from the factory??? that's some sloppy work there Dodge boys), I see that those can use a LOT of extra TLC to be truly outstanding.

Gotta say that's an awesome looking motor though. :-D Obviously lots of time, work and attention to detail. Be proud!!!

LOL yeah, I know what you mean...Yep, those are factory mopar covers untouched my me haha...quality mopar work...lol

She is so right, I would do somthing about that sloppy work. sell them to me, used, half price. LOL

LOL!!!!!

Well maybe it's just me. Virgos are perfectionists ya know. :-D

It was worth the reply just to look at that stroker again. Who made that water pump???

LOL!!!!!

Well maybe it's just me. Virgos are perfectionists ya know. :-D

It was worth the reply just to look at that stroker again. Who made that water pump???

Its a CSR water pump. Magnum HP made the timing cover. The only thing is I can't use a mechanical fuel pump. There is no provision for one.

I was thinking about getting a set of those valve covers for my 340 too.Sure the Dogde boys could of did more tlc to them,but i still like the look of them.

Don't get me wrong, but what makes a valve cover worth $500 ?
They keep oil from going every where.

These were less than 1/2 the moola.

If and only if, Leanna did some work to those MP's they would definatly be worth 5 bones. IMO

xmas 031 (Small).jpg

Don't get me wrong, but makes a valve cover worth $500 ?
They keep oil from going every where.

These were less than 1/2 the moola.

i have no idea why they were that much, but they are... and yes of course, there is no performance gain using these instead of a $20 dollar chrome valve cover...i just thought they looked cooler than the standard black wrinkle mopar cover...I first saw these on the engine thats on the cover of, "How to build a big inch Mopar smallblock" and seeing these covers, i though they were badass looking and i had to have them!! lol

No insult intended dude318, after seeing mine in "Engine Master" mag, I already had them.

I have followed your build on BBD and appreciate your service.

Roger

No insult intended dude318, after seeing mine in "Engine Master" mag, I already had them.

I have followed your build on BBD and appreciate your service.

Roger

Non taken my friend! Your engine and compartment looks terrific!

There only that much because there a low production run since there designed for the upper W series head with intentions of longer rocker arm and bigger spring clearances in mind.

Standard valve covers are made often and thus cheaper.

I really like the wide covers, but I kinda like these Offenhauser covers too. Would look good in the black wrinkle finish with the polished fins. They're not cheap either but less $ than the wide covers. If you shop around you can find them for a little under $250 IIRC.

offy_5490-u.jpg

-
Back