Small bolt front disk brake for sale on CL

-
Thanks. Seems a bit steep, but perhaps they command that price now. A guy here (Hemi71..., near me) was selling a totally refurb'ed set for ~$700 a few years ago, but I understand he is done with such hard work. The parts one really needs are the spindles, hubs, and dust shields since the rest can be bought from rockauto etc.

Does anyone know what is the brake size?

I have a 72 dodge dart with front disc brakes and I'm not sure what wheel seal and blessings size i need to buy.

9, 10, 11"?

Thank you

don't make the mistake alot of people do .... installing smallbolt pattern disc setup and then change over to big bolt pattern shortly after ....just sayin

What's the saying? A fool and his money are soon parted? Lol

... 72 dodge dart with front disc brakes and I'm not sure what wheel seal and blessings size i need to buy...
Manny, there was only one type of factory front disk brake in 1972. Rockauto should show you what you need, but insure you really do have disk brakes. And keep blessing your bearings.

That's because they're Demon 340 brake parts, not some lowly /6 stuff. ...
Are you claiming a 340 A-body had a different type of disk brakes in 1964-72? First I heard of that. I thought there was only the Kelsey-Hayes disk brakes, and it looks like the cl photos. Re "/6 stuff", member Hemi71X here found K-H disks on a lowly 4 door w/ slant six engine at a local PickNPull, as I recall.

Are you claiming a 340 A-body had a different type of disk brakes in 1964-72? First I heard of that. I thought there was only the Kelsey-Hayes disk brakes, and it looks like the cl photos. Re "/6 stuff", member Hemi71X here found K-H disks on a lowly 4 door w/ slant six engine at a local PickNPull, as I recall.

No Bill, I was poking fun at the ad, which I find to be somewhat leading by using Demon and 340 keywords to sell at a higher price. They are the same as what you can find on any car, but it doesn't sound as glamorous coming from a 4 door /6 Valiant.

Yep, Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston disc brakes were used on 6 cylinder cars, V8 cars, and even the 68 Superstock, Hemi Dart's and Barracuda's used these brakes.

There recently was a set for sale in Redding, Ca. for $200.00 in their local Craigslist, and that set must have sold pretty quick, as i didn't see that ad any more after the third day.

Last edited:
-
Back