small bolt pattern disks to big bolt pattern

-

l6hmus

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 69 Valiant with small bolt pattern and fron disk breaks (slant 6).

I wish to convert it to big bolt pattern. I have seen/read about drums to disks and the change list should be:
Upper control arms,spindles, rotors, calipers

Is it the same for me?
Could you please recommend some good swap kit?

Chris

Been pricing a kit vs. individual parts from the parts store and ebay and its cheaper piece wise. plus you can do it over time less sticker shock. Oh and parts store warranty.

It can all be done with factory parts. I have a set of 73 A body disc spindles, upper a arms, cal bkts and disc brake prop valve for same in the Mech Parts section. You supply the rotors, bearings, calipers, hoses from your local parts store.
A big bolt A body rear axle can usually be had from a 73 and up 318 A body, and 75 and up slant 6 A body.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=268798

Guys, did you read where this member is?
Estonia.
There is no local parts store for him for stuff like this, so it's all going to have to be by the mailman.

If you want to piece something together with factory parts, i too have upper control arms, for your consideration, in the above link, in the for sale section, on this board.
JV.

Hi,

Yes I'm from Estonia and it is easier to order stuff from shops (if I need to buy something form US).
That was the reason I asked about kits (they usually have everithing I need + seller sends stuff to Europe).
If there isn't a kit for swap I could find something from Finland/Sweden (they have junkyards for old mopars).

Chris

is it very expensive to ship from the states? For me in germany I can almost double everything. And heavy stuff I don't wanna talk about... :(

You need upper control arms, Lower ball joints from 73up A-Body. Spindles, caliper, the correct adapter to the diameter of the discs, the discs, brake lines, pads, mounting kit for the pads, bearings. and dust shield if you want

Thats what I did last month.

UCA, Spindles and eventually dust shield I suggest to buy in the USA.

All other parts, even caliper (80 euro each) you can buy in the netherlands, germany... not too expensive compared to shipping prices ex USA....

If your car already has the small bolt 4 piston disc the seller shows these rotors are all you need to go big bolt pattern. They appear to be the mustang rotors with the work done.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-BODY-66-72-DRILLED-AND-SLOTTED-DIRECT-REPLACEMENT-ROTORS-4-5-INCH-LBC-/221204715527?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380d41807"]A Body 66 72 Drilled and Slotted Direct Replacement Rotors 4 5 inch LBC | eBay[/ame]

Thank you for the hints, now I have more choices to choose from.
If some one has something more then let me know.
I'll try to take some pictures of current setup to be sure, thate I have a 4 piston caliber.
Chris

-
Back