Small bolt pattern to big adapter

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
Has anyone used the small to big bolt pattern adapters? I am wondering if there are problems with these. I considering using them on my back wheels temporarily until I get a new rear end with the big bolt pattern.

They are OK temporarily. Keep an eye on the torque specs, and retighten now, and then.Better off to wait, and put the price of adapters towards the cost of new axles.

I've been using a set on my Dart for over a year now. Of course I don't drive it much, and it is only a stock 318. The biggest issue I found is the adapters space the wheels out 1" on each side. You either have to use large offset wheels, or something real skinny. I had a real hard time fitting the 7" wide Cragar wheels with 215 series tires in my sig pic. I had to roll the fender lip to get them under there, and it still rubs occasionally. Like MtNemoMopar says, you would be money ahead saving up for a LBP axle and the right wheels.

I ran a set on the rear for three years.. no problems at all. Now that I swapped rear ends I need to sell them.

I have 3 adaptors, I bet you guys can guess what hapened to the other one!
265.60R14's, lots of wheel spin with 340 4 spd and that's how I have 3 adaptors!

-
Back