small-large bolt pattern wheels

-

Gerry Holmes

Reaction score
Okay guys, i need a solution to a problem that many of you have already solved. My recently finished 383 swap is done, but i'm left with large bolt patterned 14" wheels on the front, and small bolt patterned 14" wheels on the back. the front spindles, rotors are supposed to be 1973, maybe 1972 and the rear end is a 2881489 or a "489" 323sure grip. suggestions so far include axel changing, getting a wheel for the spare that will fit both wheel patterns (drilled or with and adapter) and the possiblity of an earlier year 1968-1971 rotor with the small bolt pattern fitting the newer spindle and still working with current calipers. bottom line, what have you guys done to address this problem? Many thanks Gerry

.many ways to skin this cat.
....4 1/2" bolt circle spare with an adapter will get you home.
make your spare same width as your rear tires because of your suregrip

My preference is new axles (either cut/resplined c-body or aftermarket) in large bolt pattern with drum brakes from any 4.5" bolt circle Mopar with the easiest to find these days 10 inchers from 80s RWD cars.

My preference is new axles (either cut/resplined c-body or aftermarket) in large bolt pattern with drum brakes from any 4.5" bolt circle Mopar with the easiest to find these days 10 inchers from 80s RWD cars.

This. ^^^^^^^

make your spare same HEIGHT as your rear tires because of your suregrip

Thanks guys for the quick replies. i'll go with the adapter for the spare with and identical tire to match the rear tires for now, while i follow Jim's suggestion and do up the axles and drums. Anyone have a brand name or part number for the adapter? Thanks Gerry

Thanks guys for the quick replies. i'll go with the adapter for the spare with and identical tire to match the rear tires for now, while i follow Jim's suggestion and do up the axles and drums. Anyone have a brand name or part number for the adapter? Thanks Gerry

Just post in the wanted section here. they are available pretty regularly.

Does anyone know if you can use rotors with the small bolts pattern on the 1973 up spindles, say rotors from a 1968-69 a body?

No you can't , you would have to redrill the rotor and turn down the center hub .

Just change the rear axles and brakes .

-
Back