Small or large

-

Joker13

Reaction score
Hi- I have a 68 Cuda wit ha nicely worked 318. The car was built by the 2nd owner in the early 80s so it is a vintage street rod thru and thru. I bought it last year and have has to do very little to it. I found a set of vintage centerlines small bolt pattern. I measured my bolts from the end of one, skip a bolt, to the middle of the 3rd one straight across and came up with just about 4.5. Definitely closer to 4.5 than 4.0. At first it looked like 4.25 but I know that is not correct. So that seems to put me in the large bolt pattern. I talked to the previous owner and he does not remember changing them, but only that he had a hard time finding the Rallies that are on it now. I know it is little info, but I am new to Mopar having been a Pontiac guy my whole life. I may be converted though as I am looking at a 71 Fury Sport. The wheels need to be purchased tomorrow (Wednesday) so any help is much appreciated.

You measured correctly for the large bolt pattern. It must have been changed somewhere down the line, as your Cuda would have come with SBP from the factory....

Make sure you measure a front and rear wheel, so you can be sure they've both been changed over to BBP.

Thank you. I talked to the 2nd owner last night. He said he only changed the studs to make them all standard tighten to the right. It would be odd for the first owner to have changed the bolt patternd but not the studs sometime before 1980-81. The guy I bought it from (2nd) owner feels it is a small pattern, so maybe my measurement was off. I think for now i will use the money to replace the carter.

Stock would have been small bolt.

tech-boltcircle.gif

-
Back