smallblock project with my dad

-
Should know something in 12 hrs. Lol. Loaded up and ready to pull out a 5am. Hope for 11.20 but would like to see a 10.99 or quicker. No cage or harness. So may get shut down quick. Lol

Should know something in 12 hrs. Lol. Loaded up and ready to pull out a 5am. Hope for 11.20 but would like to see a 10.99 or quicker. No cage or harness. So may get shut down quick. Lol

Run it,a few breakout,passes(mild, seat the rings). Talk to the inspection guys,... Drop the hammer ,three or four passes in....

I would tell them that I just put a motor in it and have no idea what it will run. Then do as Bomber said, couple of easy runs to get everything seated and then start running it harder. When you feel comfortable, drop the hammer and get ready to get shut down. Then you just say "I had no idea that it would run 10's" while trying to hide the smile. That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

1st pass 12.15 119mph smoke tires through 1st gear.
Second pass 11.11 120mph launching at 1300 rpm rolling out. Normally leave at 2000rpm
Needs need some slicks. Pretty sure she has a 10 in it. Bouncing 6700 rev limiter at 1000 ft. So put a 7k in it.

1st pass 12.15 119mph smoke tires through 1st gear.
Second pass 11.11 120mph launching at 1300 rpm rolling out. Normally leave at 2000rpm
Needs need some slicks

3rd gear it started to nose over like shut key off. I could let off gas. Then nail again. Would accel for split second then do again. Lost in 2nd round. I believe it seems to be running out of fuel. Did good first 2 time trials. And did this first and second round. I'm thinkin fuel pump may be going? Have set at 7 psi. Noticed other day it was at 5.5 lbs running. And I never lowered it. So raised it back to 7. Other day.

Doesn't that sound fuel related. I think I may get a new fuel pump and filter. Then change fuel system to where it has a return line to the tank rather than just pumping to carb and not return

Well Jeremy sounds like the car really wants to run some good numbers. Just got to get a few bugs taken care of and try again. would always like pics and video.

I am car R175
The pic is my 1st pass spinning through low and bouncing limiter at 1000ft
Second is leaving easy and a bigger rev limiter. Slicks,spool,fuel issue fixed and carb jetting adjusted I think I can break 10.99
R71 is my brothers demon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 94
For bolting a carb on. Just guessing some jets. If coulda had a couple runs more. I seen 11.0s coming. And slicks and spool this fall.
10's I hope.
Won't be going back until prolly
august or sept.

I can't diagnose a lot from your time slips, but it looks like your brother smoked you at the lights! I bet you had a blast.

Yeah Brian. He always cuts those kinda lights on the foot brake. He dialed a 10.11 yesterday and ran his dial 4 rounds in a row. Hard to beat that

Here's a picture my gf took of my brother and I. He's in the purple demon. Me in the green duster.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 89
-
Back