smashed parrot nose

-
hmmmmmm......maybe.......

no offense ...and I know this is the early stages of the mod.

but it looks like it may look just like as stated.....smashed in nose.

hmmm. there are plenty of bolt on options. cant say id go that route. there is a 74 dart on craigslist, i could se in the little pic while surfing it was a 69 so i had to get a better look, and click, its a 74 with a 69 hood, grill and bumper.

thats what im saying I want it to be diffrent it will look almost factory when done I want to put a DODGE emblem where the nose is squared off

I say more power to you, make it into something no one else has.

for now I am just trying to tool the nose out right now if when all said and done and painted it looks good we will see about grille and bumper

Quick welding hint, keep a few scrap pieces of brass in different shapes and sizes around. If you have a gap between your 2 pieces of metal or you are trying to fill holes put a piece of brass behind it and goto town. It will conduct the electricity but your weld wont stick to it, it will keep you from blowing through and save you time chasing holes that just get bigger.
I can't wait to see what your final product looks like, I also hate the pointy beak.

thanks for the help going to get back at it tomarow going to rough it up then send it out to the body man and have him shoot it hope it turns out. im pretty amazed how far me and my dad got in 15 min seriously those pics are in a 15-20 min time spand from the idea to the progress

Plymouth Duster I

"The Plymouth Duster I was a high-performance concept car of the Road Runner in the late 1960s. It featured the usual low curved racing type of windshield and had airplane-type flaps on the top and sides. There was a set adjustable spoilers on the side of the rear fender near the gas tank filler cap to prevent side-to-side yaw when slipstreaming in a race, with two more of them on top behind the driver, plus spoilers in the front rock shields to reduce frontal lift. It was powered by a 426 Hemi."

Apparently, Plymouth was going to lose their bread and butter A-body Barracuda to the E-body for 1970. They still had the Valiant, but the marketers viewed it as not being as "sexy" as the A-body 'Cuda. Because Plymouth wanted to maintain their strong position in the econocar market, yet build it out to attract younger buyers, they decided to use the Duster moniker on a new A-body instead of on the killer Road Runner.

some progress dont mind that shotty wleding were not used to this fabing stuff

Don't worry bout the shotty weldin. It's comin along. At least yer gettin sumthin done.

thanks alot guys went from just an idea to the real thing in only 2 days im pretty surprised

ya now I have to decide if I want to use sublime in a rattle can or by a HVSG and shoot it the right way

Why not swap the hood for a 67/68 barracuda hood and eliminate the nose all together.

-
Back