smashed parrot nose

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
so guys I have seen all this mod work been done to all of these car here on this web site sooooooo I have decided to cut and modify the nose cone on my 1974 dart anyone ever seen this done or have any ideas what I should do?

Do what I did and just have a 17 year old girl modify it for you. It works great! :bootysha:

100_5074.jpg

There isn't much you can do to the beak of the 73 and up cars other than replace all the front sheet metal with 72 and earlier parts unless your going to go full blown custom and start cutting and welding and if that is the case take a bunch of pics and post them!

I would put an earlier front end on it. Easy to do and they look way better then the beak. And on top of it you get rid of that 80 pound bumper.

no im planning on cutting and welding I have a nose cone all ready been dipped so its nice and paint free figuring cutting the point off and kinda rounding it

What about a front-end piece from one of those Brazillian Darts/Chargers? they have some pretty cool noses and bulge hoods.

DSC08316.jpg

DSC08350.jpg

leaving it alone lol start small i would like to get the nose squared off a bit sorta like a dusters hood

I like the idea of getting rid of the pontiac beak, I want to do this to my 74 swinger when the time comes. I would try to make the "nose piece" look like a 69 barracuda but without the split grill, maybe use a bumper off a 73-76 duster. The grill is only plastic so break out the hacksaw and crazy glue! Keep us posted.

ya I would almost like to get a barracuda front end on my 74 dart

Put on a 67 or 68 barracuda hood with inserts and flatten beak to match hood .

duster dosent have a nose..... and I would change over the the cuda hood but I have my six pack scoop that I love soooo idk deff going to take a cut off wheel to a nose cone latter today so pics are on there way

Maybe cut the header panel so its not so pointy and get a valliant/duster bumper 73-76 version or modiify your bumper. The grill might be the tough part. If a duster/valliant grill fit that would be better than the pointy grill. I hope you go through with it all, i was going to do the same before i got a hell of a deal on a 72 nose.

there would be some "easy" swaps...by just swapping out front clips from a different model/year vehicle.

BUT to cut up YOUR OWN version would be neat and add some extra "custom points" ... whatever you do, make sure you document it because all of us here love car **** LOL.

I too am not a fan of most of the 73 and up a body front and rear treatments.

and yes alot of it looks to pontiac for my likings.

good luck and I hope you can make something neat come out of it!

Have been trying to get ahold of one of those for a while now. There is a guy on this forum in Brazil that has a thread on restoring his Dart. Been talking to him but haven't heard back recently. He said th cost would be around $600-700 by the time you get the nose piece and the grille inserts but you can figure on paying about that for a grille and headlight bezels (at least for a 69 Dart).

What about a front-end piece from one of those Brazillian Darts/Chargers? they have some pretty cool noses and bulge hoods.

DSC08316.jpg

DSC08350.jpg

-
Back