smoke

-

dartman340ta

Reaction score
here a while back i posted a thread major smoke out the valve covers.... well last weekend i pulled the motor an did a tear down ...... my first thoughts where burnt a piston ,valve some thing on that order right ..... why is it your mind always goes for the worst first ???? i had been fighting a lean condition for a short time high compression 340 11.5 to one an a temp that would not go below 210 ..... now i have run this motor for the last 30 years with different combination's of cam's with out a problem ...... well on this time around the boy who is now a young man keeps telling me .you need to run an elec fan. his way temp 210; my way went back to the steel flex fan 180 in town in traffic ... well it turn out to be a blown head gasket at the top of #7 cyc an was sucking oil from under the intake into the cyc ......this was a first for me in all my years messing around with these cars i have never seen a head gasket blown from the top like that ... yes we did all the necessary ck before going back together

Sounds like you've got it under control. It's great to take things apart and actually find the source of the problem. Mike

-
Back