Smokies Trip, ABodyBetty, Clara, FABO, & Me!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Hey FABO!!

Had to get away for a couple of days even if we couldn't afford it!

Went to the Smokies with ABB and Clara (We couldn't afford a rental car) so sense we were taking her, we thought we should take FABO with us too!!

MOPAR ROAD TRIP!! 310 miles each way!!!:cheers:

Here's the pics, hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed taking them!! ABB did most of the pics this trip. I was too busy doing nothing and day dreaming of moving here. Lots of jobs available here right now.

Well, take a gander at em while drinking coffee this morning. Hope you like them.

Wish we were back down there now. I didn't really want to leave and had a line on job and apartment too!! Heck, I'd leave right now and go back if ABB would go too!

Party on FABO!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Cool pics, I live about an hour and 15 minutes from the park. Looks like you had a good time.

Well, hope I didn't bore anyone this morning but, at my age, this trip was life in the FAST lane!! LOL!!

Met some real nice people and almost got run over by some Ace holes,

(you know who you are, I left my palm print on the side window of your jeep, wish I had my keys in my hand)

Please note in "Gatlinburg Proper" the pedestrians have the "RIGHT OF WAY" and traffic has to yield and is painted on street in front of crosswalks.

Besides, when it's raining buckets and your plowing through a huge puddle in the curb lane, it's only basic human consideration for others to STOP AND FRIGGIN WAIT" while me and ABB are crossing. At least she ducked, and I covered, best of all I scared the driver enough to slow the heck down to the posted 25 speed limit not 45!!!

Hey, I'm just saying!! LMAO!!!:toothy10: (Overly protective of ABB!!!):love7:
It's a good thing her son wasn't with us, he would have drawn first blood, he's way more protective, belted in TKD, and would have been really pissed!!:-D

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

Those are good pics. My folks lived just inside the Cherokee National Forest for five years. I always had a good time going down to see them.

Cool pics, I live about an hour and 15 minutes from the park. Looks like you had a good time.

We really did.
The last afternoon while it was hot, ABB was napping and I got to drink beer and watch the S.County Utilities lay some black top out front of the cabin. Nice bunch of guys. I unloaded our extra cold drinks from fridge and trays of ice into my NAPA wash bucket for them. One guy gave me a cool hat for the 20 drinks. It has S.C.U.D. on it. Cool!!
Brought it home and washed like new, light tan color perfect for wearing when hauling cars on FOTO!
You live in God's country. Wish I was there now!:cheers:

Those are good pics. My folks lived just inside the Cherokee National Forest for five years. I always had a good time going down to see them.

We usually have stayed in the KOA in Cherokee. Ever sense the bankrupt, we had to "reform" our vactions. No camper, kids, or dogs with us now:cheers:

Still, sometimes looking back......
Still loved the kids, dogs, camper, Trout fishing, Cherokee KOA!

Just me and ABB driving the Dart??? Way Cool and mellow too!!:happy10:

Next time you're down go check the Smokey Mountain railroad and take it for a spin. From Cherokee, there are tons of half tank trips to N.GA gold fields, NC gold fields, and emeralds/rubys too. Just hit Marion on east side of Ashville (take mountain pkwy from Cherokee) to Emerald City, Little Switzerland, etc. Good Times!!!!:cheers:

Great pics and looks like a great time as well. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. That 70 dart is nice. I think Clara likes it! =P~

I was waiting up with the Cherry Coke and Coronas for you guys. Maybe next year. :clock:

We may see you sooner than you think. I have been thinking about a career change. Thought about getting a certificate in fitness and get a job at an exclusive retirement home. Maybe I can find an old rich man who wants to spoil me with his riches. At the same time I keep John on the side. LOL!!!!!:snakeman::snakeman:

Looks like fun and thanks for sharing. I'd love to hang out in that part of the country for a bit.

That looks like an AWESOME trip.

ABB......you need to smile a little more when the pic is snapped....have hubby yell CHEEZE or something lame like that to let you know it's time....look at his pic as a ref....you see his pose?

Now that's someone having a BLAST.....a true pro.

BTW....I'm kidding around.

I am jealous to be honest...we wen't to Mopars in the Park last weekend and it rained all day Sat so we missed our cruise through beautiful country.

Oh well. I will sit here and look at your pics again and imagine its me and my wife.....sweeeeet:cheers:

Mop

Pic is my buddy with the bee.....trying to stay calm as rain pounds his car that never sees water,,,,,:toothy10:

I'll chime out now.

100_3266w.jpg

Thats a funny coincidence. My family and I were just there last week. We stayed in Pigeon Forge and did the hike to Rainbow Falls.

That sure went good with my lunch ABB and 64dart170:happy10: I have never been and I can see it is beautiful up there :cheers: I could stay and liv off the land by the looks of the wild life 8)8)
It is so good to hear yall got away for a while and took us with yall
Thank you for all the cool pictures and I sure liked the place yall stayed at, it had everything for a good getaway :-D

The wife and I just made that trip in may. From Cincinnati so same drive. I stopped and checked out that dart too... Looks like a fun trip driving a classic ... It's hard to beat the smokies!

Great pics John & thx for sharing. Tell ABB that's a great hat!!

Thanks for taking us along for the ride, enjoyed them!
One question, though: why block out the license plates? You're among friends here, and those numbers are on the road every day for everyone to see...
C

Thanks for taking us along for the ride, enjoyed them!
One question, though: why block out the license plates? You're among friends here, and those numbers are on the road every day for everyone to see...
C

Yeah, I've noticed on some in the past I have not blacked out. Don't know why I do. I even try to block out strangers faces, etc...
Guess it's trying to be considerate to others, they may not want their faces or plates published on our website without written release, or knowledge.
As far as my stuff, I think I'll quit. Everybody here and everywhere else knows me, where I'm at and what I drive, what my house, wife, dogs, and me all look like! LOL!!! I've published and shared so much of my life with FABO, You all know all about me!!:-D
I have so little money in the bank, no one would ever want my identity!!!8)

-
Back