Smokies Trip, ABodyBetty, Clara, FABO, & Me!

-
Great pics and looks like a great time as well. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. That 70 dart is nice. I think Clara likes it! =P~

I was waiting up with the Cherry Coke and Coronas for you guys. Maybe next year. :clock:

Hey dude!!!
I was thinking Clara was wanting it to come home with us (ABB driving the 69 behind me in the 2 DOOR!!!)

With the money so tight right now, we didn't have any business going anywhere.
I knew we would never have enough to make it down to see you, wish we could have. We also were having to drive one of ours instead of rental (ABB wont fly)
Wasn't quite sure we could even make it to TN let alone FL!!
All I took with us for spares was a ballast resistor and a spare fuel filter and alot of tools! LOL!!
Sure wish we could have come to see you but I basically took 1/2 of $ I have left to my name to even make the trip! I just said F it I got to get out for a couple of days. It's been overly depressing lately with the "NO JOB" scene. Unemployment about to run out, and I'm trying to get my new business off the ground cause no one will hire me.
Got an ad running in paper "CA$H for CAR$ running or not" and an ad just came out for a month run on TV! (our channel 14 cable runs 15 second power point spots in constant rotation 24-7 with NOAH weather radio plying in the background for audio. Right now I'm shareing rotation with only 11 other ads!!
Been hauling 1 or 2 a week so far. Averageing 1 out of 3 being kept for repair and resale. Just real slow starting. No money comming in yet, but the yard is getting full and I'm getting a pile started of titles!!!!:toothy10:

We may see you sooner than you think. I have been thinking about a career change. Thought about getting a certificate in fitness and get a job at an exclusive retirement home. Maybe I can find an old rich man who wants to spoil me with his riches. At the same time I keep John on the side. LOL!!!!!:snakeman::snakeman:

I WISH!!!
No problem with you being my sugar momma! Would that make me a jigalo??:toothy10:

That looks like an AWESOME trip.

ABB......you need to smile a little more when the pic is snapped....have hubby yell CHEEZE or something lame like that to let you know it's time....look at his pic as a ref....you see his pose?

Now that's someone having a BLAST.....a true pro.

BTW....I'm kidding around.

I am jealous to be honest...we wen't to Mopars in the Park last weekend and it rained all day Sat so we missed our cruise through beautiful country.

Oh well. I will sit here and look at your pics again and imagine its me and my wife.....sweeeeet:cheers:

Mop

Pic is my buddy with the bee.....trying to stay calm as rain pounds his car that never sees water,,,,,:toothy10:

I'll chime out now.

LOL!
tell your buddy to quit stressin, the cars were built to withstand rain water!! Bet he was married to the shammy all morning too! LOL!!

I would have STILL cruised the great countryside rain or not, we just love it down there!!:cheers:

The wife and I just made that trip in may. From Cincinnati so same drive. I stopped and checked out that dart too... Looks like a fun trip driving a classic ... It's hard to beat the smokies!

I did make the comment several times that I was glad to be driving a Dart due to the new cars seem to have 12" thick doors on them and they isolate the driver so much that I get claustaphobic (-10 points spelling):read2:

Sides, Clara is our other Dart that the john-Q-public seems to really like and make welcoming comments on and she's quite the ice breaker too!

Our pizza delivery guy in Gatlinburg has a mopar and will be joining the site soon as "Pizza Guy"!!

We were a team recruting new FABO members!!! (everywhere we go!)

Next year if we plan better, maybe we can caravan down and you could run yours too!!8)

I hear yah guys about the money being tight. I will probably make my way up there next summer to Cinci. We will hook up for sure.

fastback340 is going to be in Orlando next weekend so the wife and me planned a little Saturday vacation for fathers day. I will use my Petty driving experience passes and then head to the Oldtown cruise night and meet up with some members.

My next job is going to be a jigalo. :toothy10:

Odd coincidence for ya… I had the barracuda out yesterday for another test run, and I blew out the by-pass hose (what a mess) on RT. 50 in Aurora…. Guess where I broke down? The very same stop your Dart (BOF I believe) was sitting a few hours earlier for sale (bottom of the 50 hill east)… It was about 8:00 last night, so your Dart was gone, and all of the parts stores in Aurora were closed! Luckily I made it back in my in-laws with some duck tape and a couple of gallons of water…

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the pics. I sure miss that type of scenery. I grew up in the pa mountains and loved the fall colors and everything else. New Mexico has some beautiful mountains and such but it's not the same:) thanks again.

Odd coincidence for ya… I had the barracuda out yesterday for another test run, and I blew out the by-pass hose (what a mess) on RT. 50 in Aurora…. Guess where I broke down? The very same stop your Dart (BOF I believe) was sitting a few hours earlier for sale (bottom of the 50 hill east)… It was about 8:00 last night, so your Dart was gone, and all of the parts stores in Aurora were closed! Luckily I made it back in my in-laws with some duck tape and a couple of gallons of water…

DANG!!!!

I live just a few houses away down the holler!!!
That is where BOF sits for sale!! There and other choice places around town!!
I can work ya a good deal on her, all her hoses are new, LOL!!

I did send ya a PM with my phone number. Anytime you have problems again, just call, me and "FOTO" the car hauler will come to the rescue!!
Next time you're comming out this way, give a quick call and we'll meet & greet!

Were you out to the "Friendship" shoot and flea market? We are heddin out there this morning.

Hope you get the bypass fixed up. Wish I could have helped you. Next time you're out call or go through that lot and turn right, back the holler, corner lot, on right with all the Darts!8)

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the pics. I sure miss that type of scenery. I grew up in the pa mountains and loved the fall colors and everything else. New Mexico has some beautiful mountains and such but it's not the same:) thanks again.

No problem man!
That's what I'm here for!:cheers:

I'd love to trade ya scenery for 4 weeks or so!!:-D

I hear yah guys about the money being tight. I will probably make my way up there next summer to Cinci. We will hook up for sure.

fastback340 is going to be in Orlando next weekend so the wife and me planned a little Saturday vacation for fathers day. I will use my Petty driving experience passes and then head to the Oldtown cruise night and meet up with some members.

My next job is going to be a jigalo. :toothy10:

Yeah, if you're comming up here you better get in touch for that meet & greet!!:cheers:

Me and the family just got back from the smokies and that blue 2 door dart is still sittin ther for sale.

I'm taking the wife down for valentine's day, we go at different times every year.

Great pictures ....... It took me back a few years ago when Ronanne and I rode my Electra Glide from Southern Indiana to the Smokies and along the Blue Ridge Parkway up in to Virgina ...... like your pic's show it was awesome.

I'm taking the wife down for valentine's day, we go at different times every year.

Wish we could afford 2 or 3 days at Christmas this year. The folk I talked to said it was the best time of year down there but crowded...but cozy!

Great pictures ....... It took me back a few years ago when Ronanne and I rode my Electra Glide from Southern Indiana to the Smokies and along the Blue Ridge Parkway up in to Virgina ...... like your pic's show it was awesome.

Always trying to share the lifestyle with my FABO friends!!8)

That was the cheapest couple day vacation we ever had.
No kids or dogs this time. All we did was auto tour in the mornings when traffic was light. Chill in the hot tub at the cabin in the afternoons. Walk the streets, people watch, and mozy the shops without buying!!
We had a great time, and having our 69 with us made it even better!
(Spare fuel filter, ballast resistor, set of points, 2 screw drivers, crescent wrench, set of channel locks, check! READY TO LEAVE NOW!!! LOL!):cheers:

-
Back