Smoking

-

66MOPAR77

Reaction score
Well here it goes I have had this god awfull cold. I think it's bad sence I haven't had one in 5 plus years. I'm a smoker and that don't make it better. Now for the news I told my wife when I Finnish this pack I'm not smoking any more and she told me if I quit I could put my cigarette money towards my car:cheers::cheers:
That's 33.00 a week!!!! So I'm quitting. If I can stand myself and if she don't kill me lol, Any advice from others that have quit smoking would be helpfull

The good news is that in a year you will have $1716 to spend on your car. I can't help you on quitting smoking since I have never smoked but I know it can be hard to do.

We calculated how much money a friend of mine has smoked up in his lifetime. Right now he is working on smoking up his 5th brand new pickup while he continues to drive a junker.

just don't be a wuss and give in to the cravings I quit cold turkey around a year ago tried many times but this time I dident wuss out . its very hard to do but if its your time it will happen good luck and it improved my quality of life by 5 x s

just don't be a wuss and give in to the cravings I quit cold turkey around a year ago tried many times but this time I dident wuss out . its very hard to do but if its your time it will happen good luck and it improved my quality of life by 5 x s

Well said! Just. Don't. Smoke. Finally after messing around, that's what it boiled down to for me.

Keep it simple. When you feel a craving, take deep breaths, it works.

You can do this!

Good luck, I've been thinking of taking the big leap, too. did quit a few years ago for a bout a 2 months. I wanted one cigarette, so I bought a pack for one smoke, big mistake. I was using Chantix, didn't have any problems with it, but just listening to the side affects, I don't know if I would use it again.

A friend of mine smoked for 45 years, he couldn't quit. Then the E cigs came out. he hasn't smoked in 10 weeks and counting! I'm proud of him, he even looks different,the grey in his face is gone. You can do it.

Well here it goes I have had this god awfull cold. I think it's bad sence I haven't had one in 5 plus years. I'm a smoker and that don't make it better. Now for the news I told my wife when I Finnish this pack I'm not smoking any more and she told me if I quit I could put my cigarette money towards my car:cheers::cheers:
That's 33.00 a week!!!! So I'm quitting. If I can stand myself and if she don't kill me lol, Any advice from others that have quit smoking would be helpfull

No advice from me on quitting, just a :thumbup: big thumbs up! Good Luck!

That being said, with all the news and science in regards to the ill effects of smoking, how does anyone make the decision to start smoking? I don't get it. Yeah, it's your right to smoke. Have at it if you will. But it is so rude and inconsiderate to nonsmokers!

I'm sorry, I know, this is not the place for me to vent. But I have relatives that smoke. And their health is suffering, getting much worse as they get older. They claim it's their right to smoke, but everyone else suffers from it in terms of having to help take care of them cuz they don't have the stamina or energy to walk across the room, or do anything else.

Sorry if this was offensive to anyone, just venting a little. I harbor no resentment!

First of all, congrat's on making the decision. Now the fun part. I quit a little over a year ago as well. There is a thread on it here somewhere. There is only one way to quit.

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT

If you don't really want to quit you probably won't for very long. It was December 5th, 2012 that I had my last smoke. Nobody else could make me stop. It was my wanting to stop that finally made it possible. To be honest, I don't feel any better than I did before, but I do have a little more in my wallet than I used to. And I also have a 340 blower engine in my Demon. So there were benefits. LOL

GOOD LUCK and I sure hope you do it.

Jack

ps: If you are thinking of having a weak moment, come on here, there is lots of support here and it's free.

2 years for me. It's tough still today, but I have free money, free time, and my wife and kids don't think my car stinks. It's a rough road but I encourage you to be strong.

Well said! Just. Don't. Smoke. Finally after messing around, that's what it boiled down to for me.

Keep it simple. When you feel a craving, take deep breaths, it works.

You can do this!

What David said.......deep breaths

I quit cold turkey in 1991

Also, don't smoke what's left in the pack. Just quit now.

Good luck....you can do it.

I quit 6 yrs ago ! Cold turkey. And it was the hardest thing i ever did . But after 3/4 weeks and the nicotine leaves your system and you stop coughing up black crap. It gets good . But be prepared to be very cranky. On edge. They sat its harder than ****** to give up. . No idea there but its gard none the less but well worth it !

I quit smoking, it has been a year and five months..Purchase some good chewing gum..extra watermelon surgar free works for me..purchase an e-cig to help too...if you really want to quit you will not need a cigarette again..Sometimes I realize I didn't spend a dollar all week..my wife said the same thing about the money saved..thank god for the wives.

I started smoking when I was 21, three of the guys I worked with were a heavy smokers. I would get bad headaches on my days off & if I was in a restaurant or elsewhere & someone lit up, my headache would go away within minutes. So, I bought some & I would light up to make the headaches go away. By the time I was 23, I was up to two packs a day.

I quit cold turkey on my 24th birthday & I have never wanted another one, that was over 22 years ago.

Three of the guys I worked with back then have been dead for years, all due to smoking related illnesses. The other 'survivor' on that crew was also quit smoking not long after I did.

Best of luck! You can quit if you really want too.

It'll be a year for me on the 25th of this month. I used the Nicoderm CQ patches. Never made it through step #3, didn't need to. I was a smoker for 30 years! You just have to be strong, and want to quit! Just keep thinking about the money you can put towards your car!

:prayer: Good for you Sean! Mitchell county has one of the highest cancer rates in NC. I'm glad your are going to do your best not to add to the statistics. My sister in law is using the patch to quit. It seems to be working for her, and she's smoked like a dragon for years. Good luck to you....and you can do it!

Grandma use to tell me: A fire on one end and a fool on the other.
Or: your makin payments on a sickness.
I hope you can get it done!
Good Luck!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkT5J2C8IVs"]Muppets - Peter Sellers - Cigarettes, and Whiskey, and Wild, Wild Women - YouTube[/ame]

Quit last year with jack and a few others here on fabo. My girl friend and I . I quit cold turkey after smoking 27 years . The first 3 days was the hardest for me . The girl friend used the patch for a weak or so but we saved all the money in a jar that we would have spent on the smokes $ 3650.00 we had shopping spree me mopar parts her cloths

How 'bout replacing the cigs with something that releases rewarding feel-good endorphins, like exercise? Bang out some push-ups when you want a smoke.

Smoked for about 35 years a pack a day quit pretty much cold turkey with help from a generic drug Wellbutrin 15 years ago. I have always felt like an ex smoker is like an ex alcoholic it don't take much to slip back into that pack a day routine.

Good luck to ya and to anyone else out there doing or thinking about quitting. Don't kid yourself, it is hard but doable.

Was in the gift store in a hotel in Honolulu, HI buying a coke and a guy asked the clerk the price of a pack of Newports, mind you this is a pack cause they don't sell cartons, a single pack price here is $13.10 a flipping pack. At that rate you will have some serious bucks for your ride.

Go for it.

I quit over Christmas, cold turkey... Didn't have any money for a pack of cigarettes, and the truck was out of gas anyway. :D

The way I figure it now, I was spending around $5 a day on cigarettes, plus gas for those days when I'd run out and have to make a special trip to town just for a pack. So let's say $2,000 a year :prayer: And I smoked for about 10 years...... I literally smoked away the cost of a nice Crate 426 Hemi :violent1:

I could do so much with my projects with an extra 2k a year now :glasses7:

I was talking to this girl in a bar this weekend, and she asked me if I smoked after sex....

... I said, "I don't know, I've never looked...."

( I thought the burning rubber smell was residual smoke on my shirt from doing burnouts in my car....)

Good luck with your quitting. Keep your will power....

My wife quit cold turkey 14 yrs ago, hasn't had one since.
All I know is she feels better and spends less money.
Good Luck to ya!

Best of luck man! I will be Tobacco free in March, one year......Meaning, I myself have under-gone some serious life changing events, (will get into that another time) BUT, my quitting? Paid me a nice 67 Power Wagon.......The Wife allowed me that much from it, and the life choice to quit cold turkey wasn't easy, the first month but after that, it does get better.......

Question tho, are you still tobacco free?

-
Back