smooth black Group 24 battery to use with fake retro kit?

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to find a high CCA modern sealed battery that is black and smooth to fake a retro battery. Weskcar is now making a deluxe kit that, instead of stickers, includes side and top plates that are cast like the originals plus fake correct looking caps in various colors, but to pull it off you really need a very plain black battery case. Anybody using something like that?

I bought a Everstart from Wal Mart. It had smooth sides and top.

Mine is a Delco that I'm using with a Legendary battery topper. It's a sealed group 24 with a flat top and sides.
Would you please post a link to this new product? Thanks.

Mine is a Delco that I'm using with a Legendary battery topper. It's a sealed group 24 with a flat top and sides.
Would you please post a link to this new product? Thanks.
I started a thread and made it a sticky in the electrical forum. Let me get it.

yes if you follow the link to Wekcar's site and then hit ebay store, you would look for the Deluxe kit to get cast dress ups instead of stickers and it can be had with both push in and stick on caps in yellow, red and green.

yes if you follow the link to Wekcar's site and then hit ebay store, you would look for the Deluxe kit to get cast dress ups instead of stickers and it can be had with both push in and stick on caps in yellow, red and green.
Thanks, I just ordered one of the cast side plates.

Unless they stock them in the states now, they come from Belgium and will take a while to get here.

let me know what you think about them, please
Will do.
Unless they stock them in the states now, they come from Belgium and will take a while to get here.
Yes, that was my experience with the decals. I'd forgotten about them, so on arriving weeks later, they were a surprise. A small benefit of aging. :p

I wondered why all the prices had commas in them, but there is nowhere in their whole site that has an address or location of business...

On the eBay site it says "from Belgium."

Screenshot_20220131-012455.png

With the cost of batteries now and how little they actually get used - I’m in New England and that allows me about 5 months of the year useage every other weekend. I have the money for a repo battery but refuse to buy one at $400. I bought a local battery from Napa at $125. Pealed off their decals and installed the yellow topper and decals from eBay. When this battery shoots the shorts… I will do it again. And remember 99% of most people admiring your car will never know the difference. They are just glad to not be seeing a small block Chevy with chrome valve covers and a Holley 750 dp like the 50 other of the same thing at the car show. Lol!

my two cents are done. Going back to work now.

let me know what you think about them, please
It showed up already with a French postmark. Only a little over a week to get here. Faster than parts out of NYC or Detroit.
I can't take a picture better than the one on Ebay. It measures a hair under 4" x 6" with a 3M tape covering the entire back. It's thin, less than 1/16". It might not hold up to close scrutiny, but I think it would fool 90% of folks. 9% of the others would understand it's the smart thing to do. The last 1% are D-bags, so who cares what they think.
I'm going to wait until it warms up to apply it so it will adhere better.
Overall, I'm pleased so far. For the low cost, it's a no-brainer.

IMG_20220210_150037732.jpg

IMG_20220210_150124153.jpg

-
Back