SMS Auto Fabrics - Good customer service

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I ordered a yard of vinyl from them for my 67 Valiant. It has a gold interior and the vinyl insert on the drivers side area of the seat that you sit on is ripped. It's a really odd basketweave type grain and I looked all over the internet and the only place that carried it was SMS. I ordered a yard and when I got it, I could tell it was the correct pattern but it just wasn't made correctly. There wasn't enough texture in it. I don't know how vinyl is made but it seemed like it just wasn't pressed enough or something.

I called 2 weeks ago Friday and was expecting to have to argue with them or get the old "We make it as close as possible but can't always get it 100%" excuse. The lady put me on hold for a minute and came back and told me they would make a new one with more texture the following Monday. That Wednesday I had the new roll on my door step that looks great.

Just wanted to rep SMS for having good customer service in a day and age where no one wants to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Their stuff is pretty spot on. They go to great pains to make the materials that alot of Mopar and Brand X guys need.

Yes indeed, they are a top notch supplier to our hobby. They will make anything, even the headliner for my 67 GTX with a copper interior. They had the original material, which is next to impossible to find, and although it was pricey, they also provide complete information about fabrics, dying vinyl and anything you may need to know. I found them to be top notch!!! Geof

-
Back