Sneak peek at a Race Drifter

-

67gtx

Reaction score
I thought I would post some pic's of a car at one of the shops around the corner from us.

0325091546.jpg

0325091542a-1.jpg

0325091543b.jpg

0325091542b.jpg

Dam when I first saw your post I was thinking Jap crap. But to my pleasent surprise a cool looking Challenger.

Nice pics 67gtx!

Shwing!!

Two brake calipers on each rear??? woah.
Cool shifter! where do i get one of those? and what about the anodized blue ball on the lever sticking out next to the tunnel? (transfer case shifter :lol: )

and what option code designates roller blade wheels in the quarters???

Shwing!!

Two brake calipers on each rear??? woah.
Cool shifter! where do i get one of those? and what about the anodized blue ball on the lever sticking out next to the tunnel? (transfer case shifter :lol: )

and what option code designates roller blade wheels in the quarters???

Dual calipers could be setup for a fade system, where one engages on light pressure, and both engage on heavy pressure, or it could be linked to the handbrake. Depends on who's doing the setup, and what the driver/s prefer/s.

If it's being built for full race-spec, then that's a sequential box shifter.

I think the blue shifter might be the handbrake, also. It depends on the driver. Some prefer to start the drift with an E-Brake lock, others with a power-over (this car would excel at that), and others with brake fients, or just weight shift.

The handbrake is usually replaced without a ratchet mechanism, for quick pull-and-release action when you need to adjust your line.

I am assuming that they are there so that when the back end hits a wall going sideways it doesn't want to catch and flip the car around causing more damage.

Yes. They're also used to keep the bumpers and quarters from being pulled off.

A lot of other drift-spec cars attach their front and rear bumpers by breakaway cable, so in case of a wall tap they just pop off.

-
Back