Sneakin' towards the finish line

-

retroron

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally got the car in paint (PPG Punaluu Stone) , re-assembly starts in April after the paint cures.

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

A couple more pictures. The body work is superb, the car is laser straight. I keep telling my body guy, with his skill and my money, there is nothing we can't do!:lol:

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

Wow what a SWEET looking Dart. The gray with the black stripe with clear over it is awesome looking, nice job.
Thank you, the picture really doesn't do the color justice. Punaluu Stone has a lot of blue highlights that are accented out in the sun. I didn't get picture of the hood yet, it will be satin up to and over the cowl, which is filled. I'll post more pictures as it comes together.

Thank you, the picture really doesn't do the color justice. Punaluu Stone has a lot of blue highlights that are accented out in the sun. I didn't get picture of the hood yet, it will be satin up to and over the cowl, which is filled. I'll post more pictures as it comes together.
Yeah sometimes a picture just can't do it justice but I just can't see how it could look any better. Great job and your painter should be congratulated.

One of the hidden things no one will see is thee modified headlight pockets so I can run LED headlights.We cut out the back of the stock buckets and hand formed deeper pockets to house the lights.
And, one last picture of the dash and engine covers.

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

4spdragtop, I posted all I have.The way we went about the headlight pockets was we measured the depth of the light electronics and added an inch or so for clearance. We measured the depth of the stock pocket with the light mount installed on the fender (without the light) and subtracted that from the electronics to figure out how deep the pocket needed to be. Then my body guy, Tony, cut the old pocket out of the fender. He then made a new pocket using a English wheel and a planishing hammer. You can see the new pocket on top of the left fender in one of the pictures.

Just in case they can't figure out its a '70' Dart. The graphic gets buried in clear tomorrow.

IMG_0667.JPG

Man, I can actually see this car being completed now. Ordered the driveshaft today, if I'm lucky I might fire the engine this month

IMG_0673.JPG

-
Back