Snow in Jones County, Georgia

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Whoda thunk it? On March 5th. Tornadoes yesterday and snow today. Welcome to Georgia.

I heard about the tornados down your way yesterday and was worried about you but saw that you had posted today! This weather on the east coast is effing nuts this year!

It's comin down so hard now I can hear it on the tin shop roof. Too bad it's been warm lately, or it would stick. We probably have a few more hours of it left to go, but it's not been cold and it's still not below freezing yet, so it's just melting soon as it hits.

Last edited:
I thought you are in Bibb county for some reason.

It's been snowing a lot more than usual around here

20190220_030501.jpg

Our address is a Macon address, but we're about 12 miles into Jones County. It's how the zip codes are laid out. Macon is the county seat of Bibb County though. Glad we're not there.

We got it here yesterday, was in the 60's, 17 now .think its only going to get up to 34 today.

Whoda thunk it? On March 5th. Tornadoes yesterday and snow today. Welcome to Georgia.

Welcome to tornado ally. We have been putting up with that since time began, but not so much the last 2 yrs. ???

i took this picture sunday, thats the grand canyon in the back ground, and that what stuff is snow

20190303_173042.jpg

We got a few flurries and a bit of sleet mixed with rain briefly last night, and of course tornados on Sunday in Harris County, GA

Can't seem to get two sunny days in a row!

Been REAL cold here, were are more than 20 degreesF below the "average" for the month. Still have over a foot of snow sitting on the house roof. It's actually started to warm up "some". All the way up to 30. I think the high for yesterday was around 25, and Sunday was more like 17 It's actually supposed to GET ABOVE FREEZING later this week LOL

We got snow Sunday night/Monday morning. Single digit temps. High today maybe 30. 55 with rain for the weekend. Come on spring and daylight savings time.

We got a few flurries and a bit of sleet mixed with rain briefly last night, and of course tornados on Sunday in Harris County, GA

Can't seem to get two sunny days in a row!

I know, right? Isn't that crazy? I's going to take MONTHS for it to dry out around here. Man, we still gotta get together for coffee.

Glad you missed those tornadoes. F4 is bad news if you are in it as you know. A bomb would hardly do any mo=re damage to property and life. The devistation is hard to imagine if never experience such.

-
Back