Snow in washington state

-
according to the local forecast

you will be receiving approx 9" of snow between today

and tomorrow evening

Just starting here in Coeur d Alene, got a little last night, "misting" overnight. The forecasters here are having a contest to see who can predict the most. Anywhere from 4" to 2 ft depending on who you want to believe.

"Anybody who predicts the weather in this part of the country is either a fool or a newcomer"

Supposed to start about 10 : AM this morning here in Yakima 4" to 8" predicted. Then it going to rain on top of it.

was spitting a bit earlier but it is 35 degrees here now in south Seattle. road in front of my house is bare and a bit wet.

When i left the house this morning (Big Lake)there was about 4" on the ground and snowing hard enough to limit visibility to about 75' at 30 mph. Wife said it was still snowing hard when she woke up. However 70 miles south at work here in Bellevue there is nothing on the roads and what is on the ground is melting.

Got a little in the surrounding mountains yesterday. Not much though. Woke up this morning to every thing all white and frozen with frost. It is worming back up now.

I live in Friday Harbor ( San Juan Islands ) and have about 6 inches at my house so far . And it just started snowing again ...... gonna be short work day i think .

Sleet & Snow mix here.

Anybody remember the noreaster from 2009/2010? The forecast that night was "Flurries" and i said "Ah, I'll put the plow on the truck in the morning." woke up at 4am to find this...

S5001258.jpg

Flurries my ***! :finga: By dawn there was over 3' of snow on the ground. Sooooooo glad it was just flurries and not a real storm :D

Coming down pretty good right now in Victoria (on the rock west of Seattle)

Maybe tonight/tomorrow I'll see more. Whenever there is 'snow in the foothills' I see it @ my house, but as I come down Novelty/Union Hill, most time it's rain...

Some flurries every once in a while here in Longview, but nuthin sticking.

Hey Creedmoor good to find someone close to me. I read your welcome post that's a sweet ride you have. If you ever need a hand with something just let me know. Just wondering what color your neighbors dart is?
~Michael

just ran home to pick up the rest of the stranded family , here's how it looks at my place so far .

Attachments

• barracuda 108.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 173
I hate snow. Snowed a little this morning on the east side of the mountains and left a skiff. The west side is getting what we normally get here.

-
Back