Snow snow snow

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
I live about 5 miles north of Buffalo. The wind has been whacking us for the last 30 hours, with snow coming down and blowing unreal drifts. Winds hit 64 miles an hour last night and blew the snow all over. We can't see out our windows, not that there is anything to see. The band is about 20 miles wide from the lake inland, and is stuck over us. It was supposed to drop south to the snow belt, where the Bills play. They are used to feet of snow, but not where I live, ... But it's not dropping down!. In our '77 blizzard it was real bad, but this looks to be worse.. oh yeah, it will be near 50 New Years eve and New years day. :wtf: EVERYTHING is closed, there is a driving ban all over the area, YET morons are out getting stuck as per usual. Merry Christmas ! Won't see my grandkids tomorrow, which sucks, but their warm and safe so all is cool. I plowed snow for the city of Buffalo for 28 years so I've seen it all, but this is pretty amazing. Can't take any pictures now because you can't see five feet in front of you. Be well all.

Last edited:
Jack Frost: You want a white Christmas? Here, hold my beer. :lol:

Driving ban?
On what authority?

We had the sane nonsense here in Michigan, 3 day blizzard warning
"Travel will be treacherous to life threatening"

Well, I was away from home and bad to make it the 50 miles back , so drove and guess what?

It was typical winter driving

Travel ban, buncha overreaching government wimps !

Are you alright? My buddy is in your neighborhood, and his wife isn't well. He's hoping to not lose power and that she doesn't need emergency medical care. They're just hunkered down, riding it out. I'm over near Rochester and wish they'd have come here to stay. But they thought they were going to have Christmas visiting her family nearby.

There is always one :rolleyes:.. We lost a police officer who was looking into a buried car to see if anyone was in it, he was hit by a moron driving around to see the storm damage.
You know, I just passed by a jackknifed semi on my way home
There were at least 4 LEOs on scene

It looked like the semi had hit a pick up truck too, but im not sure since I was paying more attention on how to get around the scene then what had caused it

I live in Michigan, the entire state is shaped like a winter weather accessory, that should be the first clue we get snow here

Don't drive like and idiot and you'll be fine

Nobody plans to get into an accident but it has a greater chance of happening when you’re in a blizzard. And if there’s another driver out there too, then no matter how good your skills are, its the other driver you have no control over what stupid decisions they make when behind the wheel.

You know, I just passed by a jackknifed semi on my way home
There were at least 4 LEOs on scene

It looked like the semi had hit a pick up truck too, but im not sure since I was paying more attention on how to get around the scene then what had caused it

I live in Michigan, the entire state is shaped like a winter weather accessory, that should be the first clue we get snow here

Don't drive like and idiot and you'll be fine
Don't drive like an idiot should be our state's motto, like most of the country. Trouble is very few follow it. In the city especially if you don't get the car off the street it take 3 or 4 times as long to clean it up, so driving bans are necessary, and STILL people don't go along and **** happens. Believe me, I've seen some stupid **** when it comes to storms and people.

SNOW !! ... 6 ft from my garage around one side of the house nothing.. then 4 foot drifts to the street..

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

Better you than me, LOL Merry Christmas!
I'm having a hard time dealing with the pesky snowfalls and cold temps we've been dealing with.
Glad to see a warm up and some thaw. I guess I better get ready for the next round, it will be here too soon.

It comes from the west to the front of the house usually, but it was swirling around at 50/60 mph for two days. Plow truck just went by after two days and now my driveway apron has six feet of snow in it. Yeah weird, nothing from my front steps around the garage all the way back to the rear of the house. Four feet on my deck and the yard at rear of the house, and nothing on the roof . ??? It usually doesn't hit us as we are just 5 miles north of Buffalo, but this year we got pounded as the storm front stalled on us. Couple years ago the south end of the city and southtowns got 7 feet of snow , we got 2 inches.

IMG_1070.JPG

Don't drive like an idiot should be our state's motto, like most of the country. Trouble is very few follow it. In the city especially if you don't get the car off the street it take 3 or 4 times as long to clean it up, so driving bans are necessary, and STILL people don't go along and **** happens. Believe me, I've seen some stupid **** when it comes to storms and people.
These are just a few I came across today

20221225_152020.jpg

20221225_152015.jpg

20221225_151723.jpg

Dang....you drove a snowplow for 28 years and now they come by and bury you like they don't even know you! That's the way it goes though. I'm getting ready to retire from the power company after 44 1/2 years, so I'll probably never be able to get my power back on now if/when it goes out! LOL

From the Rochester newspaper this morning:

"Storm-related deaths were reported in recent days all over the country: 12 in Erie County, New York.
"Two people died in their suburban Cheektowaga, New York, homes Friday when emergency crews could not reach them in time to treat their medical conditions. Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said 10 more people died there during the storm, including six in Buffalo, and warned there may be more dead.
"Some were found in cars, some were found on the street in snowbanks," Poloncarz said. “We know there are people who have been stuck in cars for more than 2 days.”

From the Rochester newspaper this morning:

"Storm-related deaths were reported in recent days all over the country: 12 in Erie County, New York.
"Two people died in their suburban Cheektowaga, New York, homes Friday when emergency crews could not reach them in time to treat their medical conditions. Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said 10 more people died there during the storm, including six in Buffalo, and warned there may be more dead.
"Some were found in cars, some were found on the street in snowbanks," Poloncarz said. “We know there are people who have been stuck in cars for more than 2 days.”
sounds like the way they reported the covid deaths

"mr sanders slipped and fell in the tub, and because it was snowing outside his neighbour who normally has coffee with him from 2-4 didnt make it and he wasnt found untill may"

i mean, i get it, its tragic but how bout we get back to just the facts

sounds like the way they reported the covid deaths

"mr sanders slipped and fell in the tub, and because it was snowing outside his neighbour who normally has coffee with him from 2-4 didnt make it and he wasnt found untill may"

i mean, i get it, its tragic but how bout we get back to just the facts
The facts are that because the roads have four feet of snow and are clogged with disabled vehicles causing emergency services to be unavailable to a million people. Many people have stayed stranded in their cars because it was worse to be anywhere else, and some died there. But you're from Michigan, so you know all about typical winter driving.

Count is up to 27 this morning.. there will be more when they start digging in the massive piles. Even though we've went through this before, there are always people who think they know better. They told them here for two days what was coming and to cancel any plans for the Christmas holiday and stay home, or drive to families home before the storm hits and plan to stay there. I'm sure among the 27 some thought they knew better, as always.

35C below and a foot plus of snow 4 days ago. Now 8C above and melting fast!

6D5C8E57-C0F7-4067-8690-C494366A4231.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back