"Snowed" here Sept 28, temp this afternoon is below 40F

-
Thank you for the update on September weather in Idaho! One more place on my list of where NOT to move, especially when into old cars!

I wish more people thought like you.

I ran into 2 other hunters on my 8 day hunt....Its getting overcrowded here !

Don't hunt either, so I won't be overcrowding you EVER! LOL! I'm sure it is beautiful out there though!

We got about 4 inches. Was 2 hours from home this weekend. Took 3 hours to get home with the wind and blowing snow and icy conditions. Kim

Well where I live it’s been coming down. Unfortunately I’m not there for the fun but.....

AE563199-355F-4902-B473-D33CE90E10B2.jpeg

7CD1E551-0236-46F4-82DF-8FA2B7D4CFEB.jpeg

15F0850F-F02E-4A40-B55B-F8A3D024A641.jpeg

We were supposed to get 50cm of snow. This is September!!!! May have got a smidge more.

Oh ya, rescuer failed. The Dodge is having a sleep over....along with bobcats and other trucks.

Last edited:
Ahhh yes. Time to break out the Camo. Bow season opens on October 1. Wouldn't mind a little cold front.
LMAO
For a second I thought this said, "Time to break out the Camaro." I was wondering what you meant, then I read the rest, and 'Camo' made a little more sense.

This is one year I'm ready for winter, hasn't rained here since the middle of August, supposed to be 96 degrees tomorrow no rain in sight, under a burn ban also but once winter gets here I know I'll regret it.
Man I feel you. The first of the year from Jan to june it rained seemingly every single day couldn't get anything done. We had flash flooding every week roads closed etc it was a mess. Since july I dont think we have had a drop of rain it's been hot dry and miserable! It looked like it was gonna rain today it even thundered a couple times but no rain. I hope the weather stays warm (not hot) at least till November so I can get some work on my car done. Then November I hope it cools off I'm ready for deer season! I had a dream about big bucks last night haha.

We are breaking records everyday with the heat but I can handle it a lot better than I could the cold. We are really needing rain but none in sight this week. I am heading to Cruizin the Coast next week and hope it doesn't decide to rain all week down there.

Hell of an early season winter storm for parts of Canada, Montana & Idaho.
Worry about the ranchers & farmers and late season crops and livestock. Has to have affected them big time.

Just heard on the so called "news" our high yesterday of 38 broke a record by 1 degree in Spokane. That was the high for the day

To put things in perspective, "a month from now" is two approximate days of Halloween

One Halloween, somewhere around 1975 or so, not long after I got out of the Navy, I was at the folk's place working on a 64 Dodge, about 8-8:30, after dark, in my T shirt. It was likely 55-60 or so.

Now, a year or two earlier or later on Halloween, don't remember, a friend and another couple had gone to a special double feature movie at the town's theater, which they used for special events. They no longer operated it as a movie theator. We got out of there maybe 11-12PM or so, and I had the old Landcruiser. Started it up, scraped frost off all the windows all the way around, then got INSIDE and scraped frost off that side of the windows!!! It was about FIFTEEN DEGREES F

So "anything" can happen, and yeh, we've had snow on Halloween, as well.

No snow here, but it was 31 degrees when I left the house this morning. Fire going in the stove right now so I don't have to see my breath inside. :eek:

No snow here, but it was 31 degrees when I left the house this morning. Fire going in the stove right now so I don't have to see my breath inside. :eek:

That cold front is supposed to get here in a day or two, dropping it into the 70`s , perfect ! But supposed to get a heavy rain at times , we`ve had rain all year long , could do w/o this one .

-
Back