Snowing At Your Place?

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
This is the view out of my kitchen window this morning. We are expecting another 2 to 4 iches.
IMG_20180108_090823706.jpg
IMG_20180108_090812947_HDR.jpg

nope, nothing in the forecast again until Saturday
which is fine by me

We got 2 feet just in time for Christmas. Then we had a Chinook. Gone in 2 days! Ah, gotta love Southern Alberta!

Freezing rain here. The ground has been frozen for weeks, so when the rain hits & freezes it sounds like Rice Krispies are EVERYWHERE.

Quite loud right now, like the ground is sizzling.

Freezing rain here. The ground has been frozen for weeks, so when the rain hits & freezes it sounds like Rice Krispies are EVERYWHERE.

Quite loud right now, like the ground is sizzling.
we had that stuff last night, but with near freezing temperatures
so no rice crispy sound, but heavy, accumulation
id imagine a 1/2 inch of that stuff easily weighs as much as 4 inches of the fluffy stuff

Hard to quantify, here. Snowed, then warmed up enough to rain, then the temp took a nosedive for a week. Highs in the low to mid 20's F. Then it warmed up and rained again. Today, it's the "doldrums." Icky, foggy, dark, cloudy, spotty rain.............ick!!!

No snow today, just freezing rain. This looks like it's a wet driveway, but it's 100% black ice...1/4" thick.

IMG_0542.JPG

70 degrees over the weekend.

Tomorrow will be 63 degrees with a half inch of rain. It will be by far the worst day of the winter. If you turned on the local news you'd think San Diego is bracing itself for a severe storm.

Here is a pic taken the night after the storm passed.

Yard Snow.jpg.jpg

That is a bench swing in my fire pit area, the frame is about 4 - 4.5 feet high, we had warmer temps last night and today, but I still have not found my driveway. Problem is, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday is forecast for warmer temps and rain, looks like things are gonna get messy around here!

-
Back