So can you shoehorn a V10 into an A-body?

-

romanss

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a 67-69 Cuda.

I am trying to pick a drivetrain combo and was wondering if one of these will fit in?

I think that it'll be too tight, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for you replies.

Roman

I am looking at purchasing a 67-69 Cuda.

I am trying to pick a drivetrain combo and was wondering if one of these will fit in?

I think that it'll be too tight, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for you replies.

Roman

Is that a V-10 out of a Viper?

It'll fit. You'll have to move the firewall back a few inches and maybe move the radiator into the support but it will definitely fit. It's been done. I was going to do it but I also have gas mileage goals with my project and that would have killed those.

Can it be done, sure..........is it gonna take a lot of custom work and parts, YES

Its been brought up alot here.

But still havent seen an A body with one, RUNNING.
Thats the difference lol.

Theres a black a body in sweden with 1, but it aint running.

Last I can remember the Viper V10 is still based off the LA Smallblock! Two more holes at either end?! Pretty good idea it would fit by moving the radiator behind the grill as stated below but I can't see cutting the firewall? Of course I can't afford to do that. Even the salvage SRT10's are going for high dollar!

You can make more horse power for a fraction of the cost with a big block and make the same horse power for even less with a small block.

I have been thinking about this setup for my next project. I would be installing it into a Demon. I have figured out that it can be done with some modifications to the rad support area and the firewall. There is another cost that is going to have to be figured in and that is headers, they will have to be custom made. The only other alternative that I see to that is to go with an Alter-K front suspension, which you may want to do anyway. I don't think this is about horsepower, although you will get lots of it from an SRT-10 engine. Another area of concern is the trans tunnel. It will have to be reworked as the Viper tranny is higher than what the current tunnel can accept. There will be other issues that will require some fabbing I am sure. This would be a real cool street rod!!!

Jack

I can't remember which issue, but there was a green Duster or Demon in an issue of Mopar Muscle that had a v10 Viper engine in it. It has a flip front-end.

Im debating, buddy of mine built a twin turbo kit, ideas running wild...

-
Back