So here are my plans for the 68 Dart low mileage four door wife's car so far.

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
Been driving a month. I have a list of things I want done:

Suspension- bought springs and shocks this week, looking for stock ride and pretty close to hieght. Really low rider now!

Brakes- four wheel discs AND

Tires rims- with the four wheel disc is partially because of the conversion to 5x 4.5 wheel size, which will be the old America Torque whatevah mags.

A/C and gauges package from Summit- because Dark in tropics, hard to see gauges. A/C cause Hawaii.

00F0F_7HZbdAlqxny_0CI0sV_1200x900.jpg

Nice looking Dart! Hope the wife like's the upgrades! I offered upgrades to my wife (boob job tummy tuck) it's been a month since she last talked to me

Cruisingram, NICE ! Sounds like you are doing to hers what I did to mine.
The wife and I did 2 cross country trips.Man I never should have sold it.
IMG_0179.jpg

Nice car. If it has a 8.25 rear get the disk set up from a jeep, basically bolt on.

That’s a nice clean looking 68!! I had a B5 blue 69 Dart and it looked just like that, mine had mint blue interior with a rubber floor mat, original paint with a slant six, pretty clean low mileage rust free car too....I hopped up the engine with a 4bbl carb, headers and dual exhaust, was a nice cruiser but I sold it. Last seen an hour away in the same condition a few years later but then it disappeared, more years went by and I seen it on CL all rusty, smashed up some in the front, rusty, engine was locked up and interior door panels and dash hacked up for radio and speakers....I almost cried....I should have kept the damn thing

What do you have in mind for brakes? OE 5x4.5 will widen the track making wheel selection thin 67-69 Darts have less room than Barracuda, Duster, Demon, and Dart Sports so your going to need a wheel with positive offset if you want to run anything wider than 6" and have it not rub.

Dr. Diff is the go to for brakes.

What do you have in mind for brakes? OE 5x4.5 will widen the track making wheel selection thin 67-69 Darts have less room than Barracuda, Duster, Demon, and Dart Sports so your going to need a wheel with positive offset if you want to run anything wider than 6" and have it not rub.

Dr. Diff is the go to for brakes.
I am going to call Dr Diff and see if they have 4.5 axles to replace the 4 axles now, that way I don't have to worrry about offset, if can. The first car I haven't ripped the rear end out of, done at least a mini-tub and spring relocation kit on LOL.

I am going to call Dr Diff and see if they have 4.5 axles to replace the 4 axles now, that way I don't have to worrry about offset, if can. The first car I haven't ripped the rear end out of, done at least a mini-tub and spring relocation kit on LOL.

I keep thinking everyone has an 8-3/4 rear end.....what rear axle do you have now?

I used a 1974 Dart big bolt pattern 7 1/4 under mine.
Possible you might find 74-76 in HI ?

Last edited:
I used a 1974 Dart big bolt pattern 7 1/4 under mine.Possible you might find 74-76 in HI ?
I found a machine shop that will redrill my axles to 4.5, and not only that, has done it before! Wow- cool guy, most of his work is making doo-dads for the observatory.

^^^^^Cool ! Not many photos of my Dart.Slant six Auto.
I did front & rear sway bars too.
I sold it about 10 years ago

Last edited:
I few years back before COVID there was a clean silver 69 4 door in someone’s front yard on Molokai. Looked like it had been parked for some time. It was towards east end. If you need some parts might be worth looking into. I don’t have any more info then that.

I don't know about all that.
My car in Hawaii ?
Fresh tune up and a new set of surf racks on the top !!!!
Aloha !!!!!!

I few years back before COVID there was a clean silver 69 4 door in someone’s front yard on Molokai. Looked like it had been parked for some time. It was towards east end. If you need some parts might be worth looking into. I don’t have any more info then that.
That's actually the car I bought, repainted I think LOL

haha that’s awesome if it is! It was really clean
Owner told me it was in a barn for 35 years in Cali before he got it, brought it to Molokai, had a parts dart as well, repainted it (he says repainted to stock color, and it does look like a stock color) and I bought it from him, I believe I am the third owner, 24k miles on it. Supposed to have a 225, has a 170. I bought it on Molokai, shipped it to BI

Man I would leave that bone stock then just because it is so clean. Just my opinion, I have a four door that was a slant now has a 440 in it so who am I to suggest that right?:rofl:

-
Back