So how many weekends has your track been open this year?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

It has rained all but two weekends here. I haven't gotten my car to the track yet.

Got all this new dyno certified horsepower and no chance to use it!!

Steve

Twice a month since January, every Friday and wednesday, a few private test sessions and fun day Sundays. I haven't been to one yet, engine isn't done but it's close. It won't really matter too much though as they close down in June and July because it's just to freekin hot. A lot of the high horsepower cars can't hookup on a track that's over 200 degrees. Not to mention how brutal it is sitting in a race car in the full monkey suit with the sun beating down on you waiting to make a pass. lol We must be gluttens for punishment.

BTW, we'll be glad to take some of that rain you got, just send it down here.

Hey All:

It has rained all but two weekends here. I haven't gotten my car to the track yet.

Steve

Look on the bright side, your excuse is weather. My excuse for missing every event this year so far is a broken car.

None Gateway is closed and Benton Il has been rained out a bunch. But things are starting to dry out a little now. Love that sunshine!

My local track is multi use, so we're lucky if get one drag meeting a month. Plus a couple of sizeable earthquakes meant that at least one meeting was cancelled too.

Hey All:

Steve

1 race all year do to rain, They may be able to race today :icon_smi:

Quaker City Motorsports Park, northeast ohio, opening day was supposed to be april 3rd...have been cancelled every single weekend until yesterday! april/may is always rain season up here.

I haven't made it to the track yet this year, but thank goodness for global warming. Otherwise all of that rain would have been snow.:D

Cordova,IL has been rained out just about every Friday or Saturday. It is nice during the week and rains on the weekends. Which is fine with me because mine isn't done yet. Maybe this week and then of coarse it will rain Friday.

Was at the track last night no car just hanging out with my 17 year old watching street racing mostly all tuner cars but was fun just the same. We run year round 8th mile sunshine raceway ST. Pete FL.

i go to central ill dragway,which is in havana ill,,since theres no st.louis track,its open every sunday,good track,may 22 was a first race,since its been raining every weekend,got down to six cars

None. We have a brand new "old" track called Onondaga Dragway. It first opened in '59 and closed around '79. They put in a concreat launching pad, repaved the rest including the return road and put in new guard rails last summer/fall. But a few newbies out that way are raising hell and one of them is a pissed off lady lawyer...this thing has been in and out of court and will probably be back again. It's THREE miles down the road. I dream of the day it reopens, I really do.

How many times this year? Here in Canberra Australia our local track was closed down 12years ago just incase the air port wanted to extend onto it. 12 years on the land still stands vacant. Still the street raceing is doing well, on the street. Good on the polititions, safer roads for all!!!
Marty

Although I don´t race myself, this is our brand new track about 1hour drive from me.
http://tierparena.com/page/news.php?id=109
The first all purpose buillt track for dragrace here in Sweden, concrete 1/4 mile.
The first race ever at this track was held the first weekend in May.
Have already bought tickets for the European drag racing series the 12 of June.
Very exciting.

-
Back