so i did a thing....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
so i sold my lil red last week. guy gave me good money for it so i couldn't pass it up.. i know it only needed a weekend to really get it road worthy but its been all summer and i haven't gotten a chance to do it so just sat and sat... what i decided when jamie asked if i really wanted to sell it was that i'm not wanting any projects anymore. at this point anyway.. i want to tinker not work on these damn things. if that makes any sense.. i think the dart just wore me out. now that the dart is running, driving and steering like it should i really don't want to work on anything anymore.. i want to go start it up and enjoy it and maybe tinker a little here and there and keep it looking good... maybe its a mid life crisis or something. who knows.. i know with rylee getting older and involved in more sports and school activities along with us trying to travel as much as possible in the summer months that i have less and less time to do this stuff..

what i finally decided is that i wanted something modern. as most know i have wanted a mustang for years.. pretty much since 2005 when the S197 body style came out... so that's what we did.. went looking at mustangs... i was really looking for a convertible but the more of them you looked at the worse they were.. i can't believe how poorly people take care of pricey vehicles... so i stumbled onto the one i eventually bought.. its a 2008 hard top but i got it off the original owner. its 100% stock down to the original tires. totally unmolested... the car only has 7400 miles so this damn thing is like brand new. i did pay good money for it but sure not out of line for what it is compared to the junk i had looked at for not much less. i love the color combo, seats are very comfortable, it shifts like new, runs like new stops like new and steers like new... the previous owner never drove it at night and it was only caught in the rain twice. when not is use it just sat under a cover in his garage.. the only ***** now is that DMV is by appt only right now because of covid and the earliest appt i could get was nov 20th... so i have to wait that damn long to go out and blast this ***** around some... next is selling the cutlass.. i like the car but want to get down to just the dart and mustang. plus if i sell the cutlass i can replenish some of our savings i used for the mustang..:)

hopefully its a good car and hopefully i don't get bored too fast of it..lol it really is a sweet looking car in my opinion... the more i look at it the more i like it...

440272_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=C9ZuoVnPMl4AX-L_NRl&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

592535_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=c_VpwJI4lFMAX8kTsGs&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

445588_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=WTNBDHq2m64AX-RJyNZ&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

992325_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=b09gdBXMwLcAX-dcZlQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

532437_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4BTGns0IQAkAX8_Adq6&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

472362_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tb50X0fcvUUAX-qj9fv&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

329692_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=uYO_h2FnvgcAX9MJrT5&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

177787_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=SwckzRMs1qYAX-igP3q&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

770244_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=YkkzCj7qIvYAX_ri0-L&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Nice lookin car, Joe! Is that the big head motor?

Nice Mustang. Used to have one just like it. Pleasure to drive.
Be careful on the 1-2 shift with the traction control off. *** end likes to come around on those...

mustang1.JPG

Good looking car. I've always liked these, even somewhat more than the style that came right after for some reason.

Here is my 2006 GT I bought a few months ago. Fairly low mileage southern car. I enjoy driving it. I put some Magnaflows on it. Put a shock tower brace. That’s about it for now.

3159C802-657F-42D7-928E-D3C3E6F28325.png

Really like yours I was going to buy a hard top. But this one came along. Right color and wheels.
Can’t believe you found a brand new 2008.

Really like yours I was going to buy a hard top. But this one came along. Right color and wheels.
Can’t believe you found a brand new 2008.

Like I said I was actually looking for a convertible. Hope I don't regret not getting one. But man was it nice driving on the way home.

I found it on Facebook marketplace. Ad says it was up for 6 weeks. The seller said he had a lot of low ballers. I just got lucky to see it and offer an amount that he was good with.

What wheels are on yours? I like those. They 18"?

Those mustangs are pretty sweet. When my best friend and I both got out of Army he spent all his deployment funds on a 2008 mustang GT put a roush supercharger on it. That car sounded great and was a blast to ride in.

Mine are 18s. I also found mine on Facebook marketplace. Just down the road from me in Huntsville. Originally a GA car. My color is called Satin Silver. Black leather interior. Automatic car. It really is a fun toy. Mine has about 80k miles.

so i was on a mission for wheels.. stumbled onto a set of 2016 mustang gt wheels.. oh man what a difference they made.. very happy with how they look...

IMG_20201209_140429.jpg

IMG_20201209_141453.jpg

IMG_20201209_150336.jpg

IMG_20201209_151852.jpg

IMG_20201209_151940.jpg

Took this pic of mine the other night. This has the 18s on it.

View attachment 1715645663

you have the wheels i was looking for.. looked at 3 or 4 sets of them.. holy crap what people consider in great shape amazes me... fist thing i ask before setting up a time to go see them is do they have any curb rash? any chunks or dings in the rims.. they all say no they are in great shape, you wont be disappointed.. then they seem surprised when i show up look at the rims for 30 seconds and say i'll pass.. lol.. one guy was like they clean up nice.. i said yea i'm sure they do all except the big chunks taken out of these two wheels..lol

got lucky with these wheels. found them on facebook marketplace. they are new take offs.. the guy i got them from has an in with a dealership or two and buys take off wheels then re sells.. he told me over and over that they are new and wouldn't sell them to me if they weren't.. took the chance this morning and drove an hour and forty five minutes to see them ( i didn't know it was supposed to snow..lol) and lucked out.. guy was 100% honest about them which made me very happy.

Great looking 'Stang. I really liked the 2013 I had a couple years ago, GT convertible, black on black with a parchment interior. Never had time to drive it enough, so I sold it, had 22k miles Coyote 5.0 with 6 spd automatic. (so my wife could drive it)
20171105_152702 (1).jpg

These cars have a couple different types of owners. Young and mod and beat on them pretty hard. Or older and drive them on weekends. I got the weekend cruiser car.

I bought mine with an auto so my wife could drive it. She’s drove it once.

jamie always said it needed to be a 5 speed.. didn't matter to me but in the end its a 5 speed.. she has yet to drive it. not sure why either..lol

These cars have a couple different types of owners. Young and mod and beat on them pretty hard. Or older and drive them on weekends. I got the weekend cruiser car.

yea me too.. i'll do a few little things to it but i'm not looking to go run 10 sec quarter mile times with it..

-
Back