So I noticed something odd about these LCAs...

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
So I obtained a set of '73-'76 LCAs with swaybar tabs. I noticed that the swaybar tabs are only welded to the LCA on one side of each vertical. Is this how they always did it? Since I'm going to be welding on the reinforcement plates I thought about welding the other side of the verticals as well. Has anyone else seen this?

So I obtained a set of '73-'76 LCAs with swaybar tabs. I noticed that the swaybar tabs are only welded to the LCA on one side of each vertical. Is this how they always did it? Since I'm going to be welding on the reinforcement plates I thought about welding the other side of the verticals as well. Has anyone else seen this?
I just looked at mine. They are welded on both sides. Hope this helps.

Looked at mine just the other day. Yep. Welded one side only and not the best weld either.

lower-control-arms-blasted-20120401.jpg

Check out the left arm, the one you can see the anti-sway bar tab on. See the weld on the right side of both of the verticals that attach to the LCA? There's no weld at all on the left side of either vertical. That's what I'm talking about.

There's also no weld on the inside of the anti-sway bar tab, to the upper edge of the LCA. There's weld on the top side but not the inside. I might as well just fix both of these when I weld on the LCA reinforcement.

Josh.
That's normal with the weld on the LCA sway bar mount tab.
The welder didn't need to take more time than necessary to do those tabs.
After all, they weren't building the Golden Gate Bridge.

Josh, that is the way they were welded at the factory, L LCA left side welds R LCA right side welds and hemi71x is exactly right.

-
Back